I suspect I have malware or a virus -

HypoCheese

Estimable
Oct 2, 2015
Got a new PC recently, and I somehow already have malware/a virus on it. I have malwarebytes premium, scanned, it found 9 issues, got rid of them, my virus scanner is trendmicro premium, scanned, nothing wrong. I occasionally run into issues on Google Chrome (opens a tab saying search.queryrouter.com) then ads come up one after another. I've checked my installations, it's all Steam games and such, nothing out of the ordinary, checked my googlechrome properties incase maybe it's set there when opening google chrome to open that search.queryrouter website, nothing there either. I've searched my entire PC. After leaving my PC on overnight to download a couple of Steam games, I woke up to no icons bottom right, steam not there, anti-virus/malwares not there, gyazo not there. I checked task manager and they were opened? After restarting my PC to check if it was fine, they all reappeared, but after shutting my PC down, it froze on 'shutting down', so I forced it to shut down... Any help? Don't want to go through the hassle of returning the PC.

Solution
As stated you cant return the PC because you got it infected just like you cant ran it over with your car and then say it is defective.

Trend Micro is pretty much useless, horrible detection rates so it not detecting anything is no shock.
You need to lookup how to restore your laptop using recovery partition. This will reset it back to factory and any programs/games you downloaded you will need to re-download.

vrumor

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2012
Not sure they would take it back for those reasons. It is your fault if there is any malware or virus on the PC. Isnt TrendMicro one of those programs that reports false positives to get you to buy it or something? Might be mistaking that with something else.

As stated you cant return the PC because you got it infected just like you cant ran it over with your car and then say it is defective.

Trend Micro is pretty much useless, horrible detection rates so it not detecting anything is no shock.
You need to lookup how to restore your laptop using recovery partition. This will reset it back to factory and any programs/games you downloaded you will need to re-download.

Solution

HypoCheese

Estimable
Oct 2, 2015

Have a PC btw! Fixed the issue, malwarebytes detected it today. Thanks.

HypoCheese

Estimable
Oct 2, 2015

I tested it once, worked fine. Not sure about that though, got it with my computer.