I swapped my car for an eBike to get to work — here’s what happened

Feb 26, 2022
Hi, I live in the UK so not bothered by the Rain, but did you account for the gas in your 12 bucks?

pcampbell804

Honorable
Sep 27, 2017
Good article, and it's nice the bike was equipped with a rack and a rear fender. I would have added a front fender myself, and it's rather odd that it's missing on this model. In terms of exercise and being sweaty, with the right e-bike, you can arrive at work with zero sweat, but also get a better workout than a pedal bike... if you choose. I'm a former marathon cyclist, and all you have to do is drop that pedal assist level down, and it's like riding with weights! This makes a standard road bike feel light as a feather in comparison, and I've gotten some leg-burning workouts that I just can't achieve on my regular bikes! Turn up the pedal assist and the opposite is true, and you can glide along effortlessly. My e-bike also has a throttle, and at the end of the day when I'm sometimes completely spent, it's my best friend. I've never bought into the whole "earn your ride" concept. Is riding a bike supposed be punishment, and the only ones allowed to relax after a hard day are those in 4,000 pound vehicles? I think not! 😉

I rode to work for a few months last year, and weather was the biggest obstacle. I live in Michigan, and when the snow arrives, most bike paths are completely abandoned. You can dress for the cold, and I even have a heated helmet, but when they use bike paths as a place to dump snow from the roads, it's game over. Thanks again for the article!