I think I broke my laptop...need some help!

nopi1001

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
The internet on my laptop has been working on and off lately. When I started up my laptop this morning, it decided to do a system repair...have no idea why but let it run anyway (hoping it might solve the choppy internet). It came to a point and asked if I would like to do a system restore and I clicked yes (ughhh, why did I click yes). When it was done, it restarted, and came to the log-in screen like normal but the keyboard or mouse would not function, I also tried to turn on the on-screen keyboard but that wouldn't come up. Tried to restart it a few times but that didn't work. So I plugged in a usb mouse that I had previously installed to click on the guest account and logged in. I went to check on the drivers and there were errors in the network adapter section, the Mice and other pointing devices section, and the keyboard section. It wouldn't connect to the internet so I can't get the drivers; plus since I don't have a keyboard, I can't type in the password for the admin account to download the drivers ( I can't really do much on the guest account).

Not quite sure what to do, so I need some help. I'll try just about anything.

P.S. - The only reason I haven't restored it to factory setting is because of all the personal things I have on the other account and I haven't backed them up and can't access them from the guest account. But if there is no other way to fix the problem, I guess I'll have no choice but to redo the system.

System specs
Model: Asus notebook U56E series
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz
RAM: 6GB
System type: 64-bit OS

Any help is greatly appreciated!

noidea_77

Honorable
Jul 28, 2012
If you have the chance, take the hdd out of the laptop, stick it in a desktop and backup your data. That's technically relatively easy: sata cable plus power cable. Or get a cheap usb hdd case. Backup first and run a file system check after that. It sounds like the hdd has a problem, like bad sectors.

TRENDING THREADS