Discussion I think I destroyed my sister's laptop

Sep 21, 2019
Yesterday, I was in a hurry. I can't wait to use my laptop and since my laptop was running so slow, I became frustrated. After a couple of minutes of waiting, I couldn't take it anymore and I slammed my fist below my keyboard. I slammed it twice with both my fist and after that it made a booting sound so I restarted my sister's laptop. When I opened it, it displayed a message in a blue box, No Boot found or Boot failed. PLEASE SEND HELP. IS MY HARD DRIVE DESTROYED? WILL I LOSE ALL OF MY FILES?

Just to clarify, it was your sister's machine you wrecked and you want us to help you fix it?

Man up and take her laptop to a professional PC Fixer and pay for their services.

As to yours, get some temper lowering treatment then remove the hard drive and slave it to a PC using a USB cable you can buy on eBay when you search for a 2.5" hard drive caddy.

Sep 21, 2019
Just want to ask, will all the files in the laptop be erased?

The Hard Drive stores all the files. If all the files have been copied on to a USB or External Hard Drive they will be fine. If you actually destroyed the Hard Drive, all the files will be into the abyss unless this is the case. Also if there is no Restore point and restore is not available you are in shit. May I see a picture? I need to see it.

jingo500

Estimable
Feb 17, 2016
Sounds to me like you've popped the hard drive out of it's pins. You could try reseating the drive, and see if that works. While you're at it, might want to try clearing your fans of any gunk on the fins, which should cool your system down, and make it function a bit faster. Defragging your hard drive( if it still goes, that is) will also make your bootup faster, as the files it needs to boot will all be in one section, rather than all over the place, which it needs to find and load into memory.
Quite a lot to take in I know, but it's better than my other suggestion : Move to Mexico, change your name, just basically RUN! ;)

Reactions: Saga Lout