Solved! I think I may have a virus on my computer that messes with my steam.

yagtastik

Commendable
Feb 20, 2016
When I look at my steam profile it is highlighted with a lot of green, one of my badges is a weapon from the game counter strike global offensive, and one of my recently played games is also a weapon from the game. This is very bizarre for me because I almost never go online with this computer and if I do I actively try not to accidentally click on ads. The only things I have downloaded in the past weeks were 2 zombie maps for call of duty world at war and mods for another game off the steam workshop. Both of the zombie maps had very good ratings, lots of downloads, and were from a trusted website The only thing i can think of that could have given me a virus was when I accidentally clicked on an ad for kids with asthma and a new window on google popped up with a bunch of text that looked like binary code but I exited out of it. If I did get this from the add I have no idea how to get rid of it. I ran an antivirus program and deleted all quarantined files but the problem is still there. Please help me solve this problem.

Solution

Yes, thank you. That does not look right, I would backup all of your steam games you have installed and then completeley uninstall steam and then reinstall it.

hazzyboy3

Prominent
Feb 15, 2017

Yes, thank you. That does not look right, I would backup all of your steam games you have installed and then completeley uninstall steam and then reinstall it.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS