I tightned the screw on my lapto with a quick fix becoz the screws were loose ..now i am unable to open.I need a way to unscre

Yamin_1

Prominent
Apr 18, 2017
I tightened my laptop screws using a quick fix(fevicol) now i am unable to unscrew those..how can i unscrew them again?

hang-the-9

Titan

You glued the screws in, you need to drill through them to remove them same as any other screw that you can't remove. Of-course in a laptop you will need a thin drill bit and some very delicate work. They do make some screwdriver bits specifically for removing a stuck screw but that is usually for larger ones than you see on a laptop. https://www.lowes.com/projects/woodworking-and-crafts/remove-a-stripped-or-broken-screw/project It's not quite the same thing as what you did (which by the way was a horrible idea, if you glue a screw in you are basically saying "I will never need to remove it again").

If you are lucky and you get a good screwdriver with a good hard metal blade and a good handle for torque you can get enough force to turn it without stripping the head or damaging the laptop.

hang-the-9

Titan

You glued the screws in, you need to drill through them to remove them same as any other screw that you can't remove. Of-course in a laptop you will need a thin drill bit and some very delicate work. They do make some screwdriver bits specifically for removing a stuck screw but that is usually for larger ones than you see on a laptop. https://www.lowes.com/projects/woodworking-and-crafts/remove-a-stripped-or-broken-screw/project It's not quite the same thing as what you did (which by the way was a horrible idea, if you glue a screw in you are basically saying "I will never need to remove it again").

If you are lucky and you get a good screwdriver with a good hard metal blade and a good handle for torque you can get enough force to turn it without stripping the head or damaging the laptop.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop Tech Support 1
JordanNg Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
Lamora Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 3
V Laptop Tech Support 4
B Laptop Tech Support 10
J Laptop Tech Support 2
W Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 9
T Laptop Tech Support 1