I tried 9 different trackball mice — here's how to find the best one for you

Feb 19, 2024
You missed the only one that matters: Kensington SlimBlade. Instead of transferring wrist movement to one or two fingers, the movement is distributed to your entire arm, lessening the repetition for every muscle/joint.

Feb 19, 2024
You missed the only one that matters: Kensington SlimBlade. Instead of transferring wrist movement to one or two fingers, the movement is distributed to your entire arm, lessening the repetition for every muscle/joint.
How does the slimblade compare to the old Kensington Expert Trackball?

bytehead

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2009
You forgot the best trackball of all (no longer being made unfortunately). The Microsoft Trackball.

I've found the ELECOM mouse (HUGE model) to be quite adequate, even thought I had to change the buttons to match the MS one. Easy enough to do. Bottom button is left click, the top two are right click. Also, I've had issues with the wireless, so I go with the wired option. And it has a tendency to break when dropped from my desk (the scroll wheel). My current one got broken (again) by the cats in the house. This one has been very long lasting. But the eldest cat is roaming my desk, she's 18, and I suspect that she'll be gone before too long. She's deaf, but she still smells and sees. and still is loving life. And the breakage didn't mean screwing around to stop the push up/down (stuck in push up) side scrolling. Unlike the other trackball that did. I've already got a new one to pull out of the package when the current one gets too bad.