Question I ve got a HP Compaq 6720s Notebook Intel Core 2 Duo. I m using Windows XP sp2. May I upgrade windows in newer versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 15, 2020
I ve got a HP Compaq 6720s Notebook Intel Core 2 Duo. I m using Windows XP sp2. May I upgrade windows in newer versions?

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
go to hps website and do a search for your specific computer model in their drivers section. Check the drivers available. If there are any drivers for newer operating system, then you should be able to update. Only update to whatever os the driver is made for.

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
just looked it up. Look like they only have drivers for xp and vista. You MIGHT be able to run win7 but it could be very unstable. I think it is time for you to get a new laptop or stick with xp

You can stick with XP but you should worry about security. I wouldn't do anything that would put my financial details or personal data at risk. An anti virus would help but there are many attacks that wouldn't be caught! Ransomeware is a real concern so make sure you have backups.

Nov 13, 2020
I have a similar model but with Intel Pentium dual core and i'm using Win7 on it at the moment. you can also update it to Win 10 just make sure to backup your files before doing so

Status
Not open for further replies.