i want to change the processor of my laptop

Solution
Hahaha...troll!

If you are serious then you need to learn about a lot of different things, here are some bullet points to start that process:

-Laptop components other than Ram and Drives cant be replaced
-Games don't require CPU power as much as GPU power, focus on that and find a good balance

If you are looking to replace the whole laptop, what is your budget and what latest games are you planning to play?

DasHotShot

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015
Hahaha...troll!

If you are serious then you need to learn about a lot of different things, here are some bullet points to start that process:

-Laptop components other than Ram and Drives cant be replaced
-Games don't require CPU power as much as GPU power, focus on that and find a good balance

If you are looking to replace the whole laptop, what is your budget and what latest games are you planning to play?

Solution
Hey there yusufyz,

CPU upgrades are often not possible in laptops, and when they are, you're always limited by both the socket and the laptop's firmware restrictions (and possibly by your budget and availability of what you're looking for). Do a bit of research on your socket to see what you can fit in it or if your CPU is even removable.

Another thing to consider is that most games require a good graphics processor; those built into processors are not very powerful. You may be better off getting a new laptop or, if you don't need portability, a desktop/tower.

That's not ubiquitous.

DasHotShot

Estimable
Feb 17, 2015

Honestly though...in the vast majority of cases this is true...also I was going by his particular model, for which an upgrade would just be utterly pointless.