I want to know what the cons and pros for these laptop brands to buy ?

maxpayne87

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
Hello,
I am willing to buy a new laptop and i have a little budget and i am so confused about the following brands that i get as top recommendation as i can buy but i am so concern about some issues like:

1-he variety and widely number of the interfaces
2-easy to use
3-the performance of the graphics and games ( i am a heavy gamer and want it open the most games on the market )
4-the mutlitasking while heavy working
5-the resilient of materials the laptop
6-the heating and the good cooling system
7-the stability working and battery lifetime
8-no noise on the fans or anything of working for too much time
9-easy backup , good technical support system and availability of spare parts in case of anything got failure
10-no problems in power distributions of it or power failure

and i can list the recommendations laptops as i got like the following:

1-HP Probook 4530S Core i5
2-Toshiba Satellite C660-20X
3-Toshiba Satellite C660-1T2
4-Toshiba Satellite L645-S9430D
5-samsung NP-RV509-A0FEG
6-Lenovo IdeaPad Z570-Black

So please i want you to help me to know which is sutiable for me based on the parameters i listed above and what are the cons and pros for each of this types and if you have any other recommendation i would like to hear with your causes for it

sorry guys for the long question but i tried to list all the reasons that anyone consider when buying a laptop

Thank you all and i appreciate so much everyone will answer my question

Solution
My recommendation is get the Dell Inspiron N5110 Core i3 & GT 525M @ 3,666EGP
It's CPU is 'good enough' to do all you want. And it's graphics card is 'good enough' for some gaming.
-> Most important it 'fits comfortably' in your budget.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M review shows some gaming benchmarks. It's a mid-range laptop graphics card but on the low end compared to other mid range cards like GT 555M or HD 6770.
-> It will run games but just not in highest graphics settings in most modern games.
All of your listed options fail to support this goal.
The best option for gaming listed is the Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 Core i5 2410M & GT 520M graphics card.
The worst option for gaming is the Samsung RV509 Core i5-480M & Intel HD Graphics
Everything else falls between with either a Intel HD 3000 Graphics (Radeon HD 5450) or Radeon HD 5470 graphic card @ Satellite L645-S9430D.

To get a laptop with decent gaming graphics you'd need to look at something like:
IdeaPad Z570 Core i5-2410m & GT 555M graphics card

Computer Games on Laptop Graphic Cards

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1, 2, 4, 5, 9 & 10: All will be roughly equal.

4, 6 & 8 are related. If you're doing heavy multi-tasking (or gaming) the fans will run faster to cool the laptop. None of these models will be silent, none are overly loud.

7. Max battery life 6hr301: HP ProBook 4530s / Satellite C660. Lenovo Z570 5hr30'
4hr30':Satellite L645, Samsung RV509

maxpayne87

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

Thank you for showing care to help me and my list i have is so little unfortunately you could say it's between 500$ to 700$ at max so what is your suggestion to me that can decently fulfill most of the characteristics i mentioned above ?

maxpayne87

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

Dear WR2
Thank you so much for the time you take and the efforts you made to write this detailed answers with all such reviews and pictures i am really impressed and so happy with that

But tell me what do you think of Dell Inspiron N5110 do you think it could be a candidate on my list because i heard it had lots of cons that make lots of people don't feel the urge to buy this one at all ?

and if i told you that my budget is almost between 500$ to 700$ that's all i can afford for new laptop what is your recommendation for me that i can get and fulfill most of the parameters i listed above in an average range especially for graphic card for games and hard multitasking work ?

you feel free to recommend me any other brand within the range of my budget even if not mentioned on my list ?

Thank you again so much and i appreciate all you done to me ... keep the hard work

maxpayne87

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

ٍDear WR2
sorry for this mistake i forget to paste the link and
Dell Inspiron N5110 + i5 + 3GB + 500 Black
and i am still open for any other recommendation from you in the budget range of 500 to 700 USD other than all the brands i mentioned above or at least tell me the best laptop in Dell , HP , Toshiba ,Samsung , Lenovo and which you recommend for me based on both criteria and budget

Thank you so much

What is your real budget? I'm not seeing any $USD on those sites.
Not in $USD - in your local currency on the websites you use.

Dell Inspiron N5110 + i5 + 3GB + 500 Black in your link has no dedicated graphics card.
If you want to play some games choose a model with the Nvidia GT 525M.

maxpayne87

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

Dear WR2

my real budget is about 3000 to 4200 EGP in my local currency

and i guess you are not recommending Dell because this type has a low performance graphic card and maybe not as good as HP , Dell , Toshiba and lenovo i listed above

can you please tell me what laptops contains such VGA (Nvidia GT 525M)

Thank you so much

My recommendation is get the Dell Inspiron N5110 Core i3 & GT 525M @ 3,666EGP
It's CPU is 'good enough' to do all you want. And it's graphics card is 'good enough' for some gaming.
-> Most important it 'fits comfortably' in your budget.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M review shows some gaming benchmarks. It's a mid-range laptop graphics card but on the low end compared to other mid range cards like GT 555M or HD 6770.
-> It will run games but just not in highest graphics settings in most modern games.

Solution

maxpayne87

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

Dear WR2

Thank you so much for your recommendation and i will take it in consideration when i am going to buy the laptop but i just have a few more questions and i hope to have your answer about them

first i read some user reviews and the admin of this site you get me the specification of it from said that they found lots of cons in this model of Dell like for example:

1-it doesn't include recovery for the windows system
2-it's LAN is so slow in transferring data between two devices
3-need to install a lot of programs to identify each connected piece of the laptop to the system and it's kind of boring beside the total size of all these programs about 1GB
4-only one USB port ( the regular USA not the SS type )
5-poor design compared to Sony Toshiba or the HP
6-problems with the Finger print
7-the angles of the view not as good as in Toshiba
8-the glossy screen so annoying
9-Multi-media buttons not touch pad like Toshiba
10-Battery is 6 cell and only last for 2 hours
11-it's over heated when doing a lot of work and it's cooling system not as good as the HP
12- lots of people get it back to the retailer as the sales manager of this site said

I tried to get search for a review in one of the sites you got me the reviews of HP and Lenovo and i couldn't find any so do you know any reliable review and comparison between it and HP and Lenovo i can take as a reference to determine the best one for me ?

and i see from your opinion you said it's better than Lenovo but i didn't hear your opinion in comparison with HP do you think it's better than this one we discussed about ?

and i am still open for any other recommendations inside the budget range if you have any other brands or types could be better than those

Thank you so much for time and effort and i totally appreciate your help

maxpayne87

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010
Dear doriscal

Thank you for taking time to come and comment to my post i appreciate that and i will consider your recommendation for me too although i doubt to find any retailer in my country buying such brands so i only have limited choices with limited budget but i appreciate your effort to help and i am so grateful to you

Dell Inspiron 15R (N5110) Review

1- Wrong!; It has the SAME recovery options as HP, Sony & Toshiba.
2- Wrong; It's the same speed as all the others.
3- Wrong. and just plain stupid.
4- Wrong; 4 USB ports including TWO which are USB 3.0
5- Wrong; It's design is very similar to HP, Sony & Toshiba in the same price range.
6- Wrong; There IS no fingerprint reader to have problems with. Same as Sony & Toshiba. HP ProBook has fingerprint reader, HP Pavilions do not.
7- Wrong! Angles of the view identical to Sony, HP and Toshiba. All have TN panels.
8- Sony, HP and Toshiba have glare-glossy screens too. (except HP ProBook)
9- Correct!, Dell has a better touchpad!
10- Battery is 6 cell and last for 5+ hours. Sony, HP and Toshiba have six cell batteries and they last about the same amount of time
11- Wrong; it's 'average' for it's class for laptop. And it's quiet.

Toshiba Satellite C660 review No HDMI or USB 3.0, only 2 USB 2.0
Sony VAIO VPC-EH1 review No USB 3.0

HP Pavilion G6 review 2nd review: HP Pavilion g6 @ PCWorld No USB 3.0 only three USB 2.0

maxpayne87

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2010

Dear WR2

Thank you so much for your fruitful cooperation and all this valuable info you gave to me i really will consider carefully each piece of them before make my finale decision but i guess i become more convinced about your suggestion and i am about to buy it .

But i have one more question that when i was calling some store in my city to ask him if he has this laptop Dell and was discussing with him his opinion about each type of them he said that lots of dell laptops especially this one get a sound failure and its microphones get broken down suddenly for no reason and this problem doesn't exist in any other type ? do you think this is true or he is bluffing ? i hope if you or people you know used such types and faced such problems after using it for long time to tell me if such things are facts or just fallacies ?

beside tell me what kind of laptops do you have or you prefer for yourself ( i mean impressed you ) ?
and did you ever use laptop of dell or HP or any other type ?
and what kind of problems you experienced on any of them and how you reacted about such things ?
I would love to her your personal opinion away from all reviews or such things as experienced user used such types of laptops

I am so sorry if i asked too long questions but i know you are the pro in these things and the only one gave me a reliable and honest info that really helped much and could depend on them 100% in my choice

Thank you again so much and i totally appreciate your help and wish we will be friends

Google did not turn up any reports of widespread failures in Dell Inspiron 15R audio/microphone/sound failures. If a Dell Vostro is having some sound issues does it mean the Inspiron will too? No, it does not. If your local tech bluffing? Probably not, but is he talking just about Inspiron 15R or Dell laptops in general?
I don't know if your local tech is talking about a specific model or many models over time (which is usually the case) when people say that Dell makes bad laptops. Inspiron 15R is fairly new. I still own a six year old Dell Latitude laptop that has never given me any type of trouble.

I don't game with on laptop - that's not really what they do best. So I lean toward the business class laptops like HP Probook, Lenovo Thinkpad and Dell Latitudes.

You have some other goals but my recommendations have not changed.
Best of the listed models for gaming: Lenovo IdeaPad Z570 review
Best of the listed models for everything but gaming: HP ProBook 4530s Review

But the Dell Inspiron N5110 Core i3 & GT 525M is such a good value and it does have a more powerful gaming graphics card. It needs to be seriously considered.

When you get right down to it any 4,000 EGP laptop is going to be as reliable as any other 4,000 EGP laptop, withing a few percentage points. You could go with one of the 'star' brands like Asus and have a problem, or go with a Dell Inspiron N5110 and not every have any problems.
You're paying the bills and you pick the one you like best.