I want to make sure I spend $1900 on a laptop I won't regret.order contains a gift ASUS ROG Strix Scar Edition GL703GS-DS74

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loyde Kessroy

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
I need a different recommendation or the okay from PC enthusiast to buy a laptop I won't regret purchasing.

ASUS ROG Strix Scar Edition GL703GS-DS74 17.3” Gaming Laptop, 8th-Gen 6-Core Intel Core i7-8750H Processor (up to 3.9GHz), GTX 1070 8GB, 144Hz 3ms Display, 16GB DDR4, 256GB PCIe SSD + 1TB FireCuda ASUS ROG Strix Scar Edition GL703GS-DS74 17.3” Gaming Laptop

If anyone knows of a laptop with these specs or better for a lower cost, please tell me. I found the MSI GP63 Leopard 428 with the same specs, but the version I needed was limited to newegg which I'm not buying through.

Solution
this is indeed a conundrum.
I'm just going to say it since it's not false but, for that money you could get a balls to the walls system that you put together yourself that absolutely destroys any gaming laptop in performance and it'll have sick RGB with a glass side panel.

But I understand if either you are in a position where you need performance but also need mobility.
So in regards to which is a purchase you won't regret, well, that's something nobody can answer since you may have your own preferences that make one of them a purchase you regret for a specific reason that may not be a reason for someone else.
As for me personally, I would regret it simply because it's a laptop and for that money I could've gotten way better in a...

xSimply1337x

Honorable
Jan 16, 2014
this is indeed a conundrum.
I'm just going to say it since it's not false but, for that money you could get a balls to the walls system that you put together yourself that absolutely destroys any gaming laptop in performance and it'll have sick RGB with a glass side panel.

But I understand if either you are in a position where you need performance but also need mobility.
So in regards to which is a purchase you won't regret, well, that's something nobody can answer since you may have your own preferences that make one of them a purchase you regret for a specific reason that may not be a reason for someone else.
As for me personally, I would regret it simply because it's a laptop and for that money I could've gotten way better in a desktop.

But as far as I can tell, the scar is pretty much one of the best, ranking in the top 5 on pretty much all lists for best gaming laptop under $2000.

You can of course look up a more detailed review of the scar to see what's what with the display, battery life, and thermals.

Solution

Loyde Kessroy

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
I understand what you mean. I have a rig with top tier parts I made a year ago, but now I'm in an occupation that has me moving across and outside the country so I need to sacrafice it for mobility.

Reactions: coastie65

coastie65

Distinguished
May 26, 2010
I have that ASUS Laptop and love it. Got it at Christmas ( from me to me. ). I made two changes, I went for the GSkill Ram and changed out the Hdd for a Samsung 960 EVO SSD. I Got it through iBuyPower. Total with the Changes and shipping was a little under $2300. I like it so well, that I went and upgraded this Desktop to the same specs, but running 32 Gb of Ram and put in a 1Tb Samsung 870 EVO NVMe M.2 Boot drive with a 1Tb Samsung 850 EVO for storage. I already had a GTX 1080 installed. I was also looking at MSI, but the one I liked was never in stock. Oh, games look and play quite well on that that too. I was amazed. Now I have something I can Gam,e on when I am away from this beast and don't give up anything as far as quality gaming goes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.