I want to put in my earbuds with an inline microphone, but doesn't work.

Jul 11, 2018
I am playing multiple games that prefer you to play with a microphone in, but my laptop has a microphone built in that doesn't work with games, but my voice recording software.

Solution
Your 3.5mm port may not be input/output. It may be input only. Or it could be one of the input/outputs that don't work with all mic devices. It happens. A way around this, no matter which one it is, would be to get a 3.5mm to USB adapter (usually like 10 dollars or so) and connect through the USB port. Which would not have this problem.

NOTE: This will only work if the mic on the earbuds is actually working. So test them on another device first.
Your 3.5mm port may not be input/output. It may be input only. Or it could be one of the input/outputs that don't work with all mic devices. It happens. A way around this, no matter which one it is, would be to get a 3.5mm to USB adapter (usually like 10 dollars or so) and connect through the USB port. Which would not have this problem.

NOTE: This will only work if the mic on the earbuds is actually working. So test them on another device first.

Solution