i want to Uninstall tweakbit program

txtoto0431

Estimable
Dec 8, 2015
I installed tweakbit on my toshiba satellite laptop. i have windows 10 now.. I tried to uninstall tweakbit and even though it said the uninstall was successful and it no longer shows up on any lists, it is still there! It will pop up every now and then. i don't know what to do to get rid of it. I have tried to search for another way to uninstall it, but if i even type tweakbit in the search it goes straight to the tweakbit site! and of course they don't want you to uninstall it. i don't know how to look for or recognize hidden files. i have seen nothing that has "tweakbit" in the files. long story short, has anyone had this problem and if so how did you get rid of it? thanks for any help you can give me.

Solution
First, go to All Programs, Administrative Tools, Services, find tweakbit in the list and right click on it and select Properties. Under the General tab, in the Startup Type box, select Disabled and reboot your computer. It will no longer run. I don't know specifically how to remove it, but this will prevent it popping up while you find a solution.

Tbonius

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2007
First, go to All Programs, Administrative Tools, Services, find tweakbit in the list and right click on it and select Properties. Under the General tab, in the Startup Type box, select Disabled and reboot your computer. It will no longer run. I don't know specifically how to remove it, but this will prevent it popping up while you find a solution.

Solution