I would like to buy a gaming laptop I am struck to go for Asus ROG or dell Alienware?

Aditya497

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
Have a budget constraints need to choose between dell Alienware 15 and Asus ROG. At the price of Alienware,Asus is providing more configuration.should I stick to dell or move to Asus?

Solution
Definitely the Asus. It wins in every single area with the exception of the legacy drive speed, which doesn't even matter considering you'll have twice the SSD space. I don't know much about Alienware's warranties, but if you exercise any degree of caution when it comes to your pc, (not spilling things on it, carrying it in a padded backpack, keeping it on solid surfaces when gaming ((airflow)), etc etc) You shouldn't have to worry about a warranty.

There's no question as to which has better specs, the ASUS is a better laptop, the only question is do you want to sacrifice 16 extra gigs of ram, and 256 gigs of SSD space to get the better warranty (if Alienware even has a better warranty than ASUS, I've never really looked into it)...

huiyiungai

Commendable
Jul 12, 2016
Need to note that the warranty of alienware is better than other brands as they will completely change everything damaged under warranty no matter what. Even u spread water on ur laptop, they will still change it for you, so if you are a careless person, maybe alienware is a better choice for you. For normal person (not a dell diehard fans), Asus ROG definitely better.

Aditya497

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016

Aditya497

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
Thanks guys here are the Exact specs:
Alienware 15-ci7,16gb RAM DDR4,256GB SSD+1TB(7200RPM),FHD,980 M-8GB.
ASUS ROG-i7,32 GB DDR4,512GB SSD+ 1TB(5400),980M-8GB,UHD.

With in these two what ever i select will suffice for next 5 years of gaming?

Slumy__57

Commendable
Jun 11, 2016
Definitely the Asus. It wins in every single area with the exception of the legacy drive speed, which doesn't even matter considering you'll have twice the SSD space. I don't know much about Alienware's warranties, but if you exercise any degree of caution when it comes to your pc, (not spilling things on it, carrying it in a padded backpack, keeping it on solid surfaces when gaming ((airflow)), etc etc) You shouldn't have to worry about a warranty.

There's no question as to which has better specs, the ASUS is a better laptop, the only question is do you want to sacrifice 16 extra gigs of ram, and 256 gigs of SSD space to get the better warranty (if Alienware even has a better warranty than ASUS, I've never really looked into it).

It's really hard to say whether or not something will suffice for the next 5 years in gaming. PC gaming is such a broad subject, I get by on an 8 year old mid grade GPU, and I play next gen games with decent framerates. That being said, I play on low settings to get those framerates.

With these choices, I would say if the past is anything to judge by, you should be able to play games just fine on medium-high settings in 5 years. Here's a link to a video on youtube of someone playing GTA V on a 5 year old x80 series GPU, and they're getting great framerates on high settings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NNNtgKdhMg

You'll have an only very slightly out-dated high end graphics card which for 1080p gaming should last you quite awhile, way more than enough ram, and a top of the line Intel Processor. Like I said though, pc gaming is unpredictable, and its hard to say exactly what direction pc gaming will go in the next 5 years.

Solution