I5-2410M 100% thread usage

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Ok so I bought a new laptop about a month ago.
Laptop is Asus N43SN with i5-2410M 2,3GHz & GT550M.

At first, for those who don't yet know;
There are 2 cores and 4 threads in 2410M. i5 series CPUs supports Turbo Boost technology, which allows CPU to overclock itself under stress. (in this case up to 2,8GHz)

The problem is with thread 1, the primary thread. Casually, after stress (like playing) the thread 1 usage stucks at 100% and won't drop. When thread 1 usage is on 100%, Turbo Boost keeps clock rate at 2,6GHz. In that point laptop starts to warm up and gets unstable.

I've tried to find out which program/user action makes thread 1 stuck like that, but I have no idea. Only way to get clock rate/CPU usage down is to reboot computer. (Recently I noticed putting computer to sleep and waking up (takes about 5sec) drops the usage too.)

Ask for more information if needed. Hope you can help me with this.

legendkiller

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2011
Turn off all programs what is using CPU, If something is using CPU than turn it off if it solve the problem... BTW if it's just 1 thread that uses 100% and all the other are at 0-50% than your good... The first thread is always the one that being used the most and so if "CPU"(Not threads) isn't at 100% than it's ok but if it's around 50% than you dont need to worry about it...

G

I've been looking processes from task manager (Is there better way to monitor CPU load?) to see which process makes thread 1 stay up, but every process seems normal. I've killed specific processes which could be behind the problem, without succeed. You're right, when Thread 1 usage is 100%, CPU usage is around 40%. But this isn't the way it should work. When stress stops, CPU usage drops too, am I right? I know Thread 1 is the primary thread, as I said in first text. In my opinion being primary thread don't allow thread/CPU act like that. As I said, computer becomes unstable, when this problem occurs. For example watching a Youtube clip is impossible, because clip plays in slow motion. Problem occurs also, when I play games. Game rolls smoohtly until Thread 1 usage stucks. After that game starts lagging, slowmoted and unstable.

Do you still think "You don't need to worry about it.." ?

E: I've re-installed Operating system too (using Win 7). I've planned to try Linux too, to see if problem occurs or not.

G

Thank you, r3xx3r! I used Process Explorer, and it seems the problem is with interrupts. Still, help needed..

G

Thank you, r3xx3r! I used Process Explorer, and it seems the problem is with interrupts. Still, help needed..

Did you solve the problem? I too have the same PC and recently noticed this strange behaviour of CPU - only when playing games. Looking in Process Explorer I can see that the process that stresses CPU is "Interrupts" perhaps indicating on hardware or driver error. I have tried switching off devices in Device Manager - with no luck. For me only restarting the PC helps. I should say that I am very stressed too - need to solve this problem somehow as otherwise I could have bought myself a mmuch cheaper PC for internet and movies

z00lander

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
Have anyone found a solution for this? I also have the Asus N43SN and when I'm gaming or running 3dmark the CPU gets stuck at 25%. I guess this is the first thread of the cpu getting stuck.

Windows task manager -> Performance -> Resource monitor shows that 25% of the cpu is occupied with "System Interrupts". Anyone know if this is software or hardware related?

z00lander

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
Finally I found the solution for this problem. I did many installations and uninstallations of drivers before it worked and I'm not 100% sure what the cause of the problem was, I think it had something to do with the Intel Management Engine Interface or Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver. These are found under "Others" in the driver section for N43SN for win7 on asus' webpages. I didnt bother to install it at first since I was sure it was crapware. But anyway, woohoo!

Andreyash

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
I am also struggling with this problem on my newly bought Asus N43SN. It happens only when playing games, usually a reboot helps but not for long. I tried installing Intel Management Engine - it does not help. Previously I thought that the solution was to reinstall/update ATKACPI driver from Asus site - but looks like it helps also because I reboot the system.

I am not a profi in PC and the furtherst I was able to track this problem is by using Latency Monitor - on drivers tab it points to the ACPI.sys. However it is still too broad and I do not know how to narrow down the problem. Was writing to Asus support and got a stupid reply about uninstalling the system and installing it again to iliminate any software issues (I knwo it will not help as it did not for many people out there in the net). This must be either a driver or a hardware issue. I do hope it can be solved. Otherwise Asus must confess that something is wrong with this model hardware wise

Had anybody found a real cause behind this issue with this particular Asus model?

G

I also have same issue with ASUS k53sc..

i5 2410m
gt520mx
8gb ram
win7 ultimate x64

it says system interrupt.. 1 core stuck at 100% making cpu work 25-30%

i try formatting hdd, update drivers.. then problem came on clean boot..

i think problem is graphic card.. graphic card usage gets stuck at 100%... making system interrupts, that rapes 1 core 100% at system idle...

problem starts after 10-30 min playing games.. and makes laptopt hotter 10-20 degrees more then it should

dont bother with latency mon.. says same old crap..ACPI.sys..

I wrote this issue to ASUS..

bloddy faggots reply : "Close!"

i sure do hope i can sell this pile of deepshit and never ever buy ASUS again, support guy is random indian monkey.. uneducated one

G

Ok so I bought a new laptop about a month ago.
Laptop is Asus N43SN with i5-2410M 2,3GHz & GT550M.

At first, for those who don't yet know;
There are 2 cores and 4 threads in 2410M. i5 series CPUs supports Turbo Boost technology, which allows CPU to overclock itself under stress. (in this case up to 2,8GHz)

The problem is with thread 1, the primary thread. Casually, after stress (like playing) the thread 1 usage stucks at 100% and won't drop. When thread 1 usage is on 100%, Turbo Boost keeps clock rate at 2,6GHz. In that point laptop starts to warm up and gets unstable.

I've tried to find out which program/user action makes thread 1 stuck like that, but I have no idea. Only way to get clock rate/CPU usage down is to reboot computer. (Recently I noticed putting computer to sleep and waking up (takes about 5sec) drops the usage too.)

Ask for more information if needed. Hope you can help me with this.

I also have same issue with ASUS k53sc..

i5 2410m
gt520mx
8gb ram
win7 ultimate x64

it says system interrupt.. 1 core stuck at 100% making cpu work 25-30%

i try formatting hdd, update drivers.. then problem came on clean boot..

i think problem is graphic card.. graphic card usage gets stuck at 100%... making system interrupts, that rapes 1 core 100% at system idle...

problem starts after 10-30 min playing games.. and makes laptopt hotter 10-20 degrees more then it should

dont bother with latency mon.. says same old crap..ACPI.sys..

I wrote this issue to ASUS..

bloddy faggots reply : "Close!"

i sure do hope i can sell this pile of deepshit and never ever buy ASUS again, support guy is random indian monkey.. uneducated one

1 core at 100% and other cores 1-2% is NOT NORMAL who ever say it is, he is NOT NORMAL..

none of programs or processes use 100% of 1 core

G

DO NOT BUY ASUS PRODUCTS IT IS PILE OF *** AND SUPPORT IS JUST MONKEYS !

G

This is System Interrupt issues (driver / hardware issue )

this starts to rape first core

does not nothing to do with processes in this case..

i know what he wrote i have same problem..

You should read one more time what he wrote..

BTW im sick of you retards that says common retarded useless steps..

-turn off process
-reinstall win and drivers
-check for malware...

and read what people say.. dont just post this 3 steps on every ******* issue

yaorj

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
Maybe the problem is the latest BIOS itself

When I flashed the latest one (which on the support site is "BIOS 414") , the problem always appeared ,

but since I decided to flash the original one (which called "BIOS 205") , the problem has just gone , and everything runs smoothly.

So guys here , just "rolling back" the BIOS , have a try.

"Rolling back" the BIOS must add something after the orignal command,

just type "winflash /nodate" at the current WinFlash directory in the Command Prompt with Administrator Rights , choose the Ver.205 BIOS downloaded from ASUS's website. At least after that my laptop calmed down again from the CRAZY System Interrupts State!

Hope this will be helpful to everyone.

Sorry for my bad English. ^_^

Oct 30, 2019
Maybe the problem is the latest BIOS itself

When I flashed the latest one (which on the support site is "BIOS 414") , the problem always appeared ,

but since I decided to flash the original one (which called "BIOS 205") , the problem has just gone , and everything runs smoothly.

So guys here , just "rolling back" the BIOS , have a try.

"Rolling back" the BIOS must add something after the orignal command,

just type "winflash /nodate" at the current WinFlash directory in the Command Prompt with Administrator Rights , choose the Ver.205 BIOS downloaded from ASUS's website. At least after that my laptop calmed down again from the CRAZY System Interrupts State!

Hope this will be helpful to everyone.

Sorry for my bad English. ^_^
I made this forum account to write this: GOD BLESS YOU! After 2 weeks of struggling in finding something that will help with my problem I ran into your comment and... something finally worked! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS