(i5 with a dedicated) or (A10 with a Discrete-class)?

MohamedDaffrawi

Estimable
Feb 13, 2014
I'm very confused in choosing my new laptop, but I have now a choice of two models which are:

HP envy 15.6'' - m6-1205dx

*AMD A10 2.3GHz up to 3.2GHz AMD Quad-Core A10-4600M Accelerated Processor.
*AMD Radeon HD 7660G Discrete-Class graphics and up to 3053MB DDR5.
*6GB ram DDR3.

Dell inspiron 15.6" - 15R 5537

*Intel® Core™ i5-4200U Processor (3M Cache, up to 2.60 GHz).
*AMD Radeon HD 8850M DDR3 with 2GB.
*4GB ram DDR3.

# A friend told me that the APU gets hot and might be damaged faster than the i5
# He had also told me that the discrete-class is not that good, but I'll use the laptop for photoshop, lightroom, videos and such games like crysis2/3 (but I'm not that keen in gaming)
# The HP comes with a built-in beats audio, fingerprint, backlit keyboard and dual mic.

Thus, I want a help in for that decision ... I also want to know if that the difference between the two laps is that great, Is the A10 reaches that high improbable temerature,
*I actually prefer the HP for its appearance*.

for full specs HP:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentcc=us&lc=en&docname=c03610937
Dell: http://www.egprices.com/product.php?id=30843
-press description^

aloof11

Honorable
Dec 28, 2013
The Dell features a much better graphics card hence why you can expect it to do much better in games but it also features a low wattage CPU, so you should expect better battery life but the A10 should be able to give you better CPU performance on more intensive tasks, not that the i5 is bad, its not, but being a low wattage part it might have more problems with newer games (though you said you dont plan on playing many games)

The HP might allow you to play crysis 3 but at most it will be at low settings while the Dell should be much better even with a low wattage CPU. Though you can expect the HP to be much better in photoshop, also I havent heard anything about high temperatures for the A10

Its up to you which you prefer, a more gaming laptop (Dell) or a more work oriented laptop that might let you game, at least at low settings (HP). Also if the Dell allows it, you could see if they let you upgrade to a none low wattage CPU or a higher up model like a i7-4500U, which should give you best of both worlds (gaming and work)