Solved! i7 8650U in 2022

Feb 16, 2022
Hi Folks,

I hoping you may be able to give me your input. Looking at buying Lenovo thinkpad X1 tablet gen 3. Beauty screen, solid build. It a new, older device, built in Jan 2022.

My concern is with the older internals, 8Gen i7, ddr3, 4.2 bluetooth.

My usage requirements are pretty basic, browsing, light office.

Would you do it?

Thanks!

Solution
Hi Folks,

I hoping you may be able to give me your input. Looking at buying Lenovo thinkpad X1 tablet gen 3. Beauty screen, solid build. It a new, older device, built in Jan 2022.

Would you do it?

Thanks!

I don't think the system has DDR3, for basic use you can go several steps lower in CPU speed and be just fine, pretty much any i5 or better CPU of any generation is fine for web browsing and Office programs.
The X1 models are considered premium systems, so would be a bit higher in price than other simpler designs, but they are good systems, about like the Dell XPS models, same range of...
Feb 14, 2022
My question would be "What's the price point?" I own a Lenovo and for the uses I have it runs great. I do pretty much the same as you, light office, browsing etc. I've been using it for well over a year now and I haven't had any problems at all. It does the job I use it for. I bought it because it was considerably cheaper than the Dell I wanted. If the price is good, I'd say go for it.

Feb 14, 2022
8gb ram, 256 gb SSD. I couldn't afford a device of this nature if it had up to date internals.
I got 7 years out of my last laptop...
Given what you tell me, it is a good deal. It is not top of the line, but most people don't need that sort of machine for what they do. If it was me, I would go ahead and purchase it. You can always upgrade the RAM and the SSD at a later date.

Hi Folks,

Would you do it?

Thanks!

I don't think the system has DDR3, for basic use you can go several steps lower in CPU speed and be just fine, pretty much any i5 or better CPU of any generation is fine for web browsing and Office programs.
The X1 models are considered premium systems, so would be a bit higher in price than other simpler designs, but they are good systems, about like the Dell XPS models, same range of pricing and fanciness.

If you like the system specs/size/ etc.. and are OK with the price, it's Ok to get. The 4.2 bluetooth spec is not bad, while not the latest, it has several good improvements over 4.0 especially with audio latency and quality.

Reactions: Saxman11
Solution