IBM Thinkpad Z60t Battery Maintenance?

Copperhead 1

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
Hi!, I have recieved an older model IBM ThinkPad Z60t as a gift from a family member. I am a rank novice at the tech game, but the computer is very important to some business I am involved in, so I want to keep it well maintained. I have two questions that are unrelated but I think this is the place to post them. #1. How do I keep the battery system healthy? Does it involve running out the battery power occasionally? and #2. I have just read an article about the damaging effects of dust in a computers inner workings. Is cleaning this laptop myself something I should embark on or rather take it to a professional to handle? Thank you so much in advance for your advice... Copperhead 1

Copperhead 1

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010

Hey, Thanks a lot there buwish! The info on that site is just what I was looking for. I'll start the suggested battery maintenance program today. I have just one more question that you may be able to help me with... Is it ok to use Windex or a simular product to clean the screen of my lap top with? Thank you again, and I look forward to hearing from you at your convenience. Copperhead 1