id's Rage for iPhone Launches this Thursday

Status
Not open for further replies.

abswindows7

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
I like the fact that the HD version is more expensive.
Hey they've got iPhone 4 ? They've got money to spend fine we'll get 1$ more.
Oh wait ... Apple's tax there is still 66 cents in our pockets :)

christopherknapp

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
[citation][nom]abswindows7[/nom]I like the fact that the HD version is more expensive.Hey they've got iPhone 4 ? They've got money to spend fine we'll get 1$ more.Oh wait ... Apple's tax there is still 66 cents in our pockets[/citation]

I think it makes perfect sense to have an HD version, and Standard version, and pricing them differently. I am sure that there are several 3G or 3GS owners that don't feel like they should have to pay the same amount as the iPhone 4 user's for the HD version that they can't even take advantage of.

I hope that many other companies start to take the same approach.

Yuka

Distinguished
May 3, 2007
[citation][nom]christopherknapp[/nom]I think it makes perfect sense to have an HD version, and Standard version, and pricing them differently. I am sure that there are several 3G or 3GS owners that don't feel like they should have to pay the same amount as the iPhone 4 user's for the HD version that they can't even take advantage of. I hope that many other companies start to take the same approach.[/citation]

Are iPhone users so dumb that can't select between "HD" and "SD" from a menu screen that the whole game has to be set up beforehand and sold as another piece of software? I mean, come on...

Now, if you tell me it's about textures and game overall size, I could see why they're doing it. Is there a difference in actual size?

Cheers!

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
[citation][nom]Smochina[/nom]Crysis is not a game first of all, it's just an interactive tech demo. Whatever happened to gameplay first in this day an age has much to do with the idiots buying every piece of shit 'game' out there.[/citation]
First of all , I said Crysis ->2

darkchazz

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
second of all , crysis is not just graphics but also great sandbox gameplay , oh I wonder why reviewers gave it 9+/10 :/
also the huge modding community is a plus , it never gets boring with all the custom maps and mods.

you're probably just sick of all the people here saying "but can it run crysis?" :p , or your machine couldn't handle it with a good frame rate so you're calling it a tech demo, or maybe you haven't played it at all.

Why so many idiots think CoD's fast paced linear scripted gameplay is good while Crysis's sandbox gameplay is bad?!

Status
Not open for further replies.