IE9 Released: 'Beautiful' and Fast

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amk09

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Am I the only Chrome lover here? I switched from firefox to chrome a couple years ago and was instantly hooked, so fast and such a perfect UI.

carlhenry

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
[citation][nom]amk09[/nom]Am I the only Chrome lover here? I switched from firefox to chrome a couple years ago and was instantly hooked, so fast and such a perfect UI.[/citation]
chrome user here too. for me ff has become bloated and painstakingly slow, a step better than IE. chrome is a stairway better than ff. chrome = simplicity at its best.

reggieray

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2010
Nothing about security, sorry MS, I will stick with Chrome. Oh that's right IE is not for Macs anyway. Sorry Apple, Safari got pawned, Chrome has my support on OS X.

G

I haven't tried either, but I will question one thing; Do you really place your trust in browser code that's been plagued with bugs since day 1 and been through 13... 13... beta iterations in its long, delayed development?

I'm with the Chrome crowd - but I'll certainly be taking IE9 more seriously than FF4.

doive1231

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
IE8. Best browser ever IMO for user experience. Downloads appear in the middle of the screen. Setup good straight off. Colourful. Microsoft have to mess around with everything until enough people whinge and then they get their act together.

dillyflump

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
Everytime someone downloads and installs internet explorer a cute fluffy puppy dies. Steve Bulmer drowns them during his lunch breaks. Save the puppies and install firefox instead!!!! XD

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]doive1231[/nom]IE8. Best browser ever IMO for user experience. Downloads appear in the middle of the screen. Setup good straight off. Colourful. Microsoft have to mess around with everything until enough people whinge and then they get their act together.[/citation]
Firefox is a hell of alot more colourful than IE, and downloads also appear in the centre of the screen...that is if you wish for these features.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
IE8? Thats only an improved POS over the turd known as IE7.

Horrible and bloated interface that is a pure ugly mess to work with - especially once you get 3-5 added tool bars.

mcshasta

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
I'll stick with Opera for my internet browsing.
Always nice to browse with future features before they hit the mainstream browsers.

nitrium

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2009
I'll stick with Chrome. Loads instantly (like IE), supports themes and extensions including Adblock Plus), insanely fast rendering/javascript, tabs loaded in their own virtual machine (a crashed website will not bring down the app or other tabs), built in bookmark syncing... what's not to like?

Status
Not open for further replies.