If i connect a Bluetooth transmitter to my tv- via the USB port, and have the sound bar also connected to my tv, can my husban

cr12345r.cr

Prominent
Sep 30, 2017
Hard of hearing (but NO hearing aids) Husband needs to wear Bluetooth headphones to watch and hear TV with rest of family watching and hearing tv at normal volume.

Or, is there a Bluetooth transmitter that 3 or 4 sets of Bluetooth headphones can be "paired" with at the same time, so the family can watch/ hear the tv at the same time?

Or, If i connect a Bluetooth transmitter to my tv- via the USB port, and have the sound bar also connected to my tv, can my husband then hear tv on Bluetooth headphones, while rest of family hears tv through the soundbar?

Solution
You can't connect a BT transmitter to the USB port on a TV. No drivers for that.
I don't know of any BT transmitters that will connect to more than two headphones.
There are headphones that use their own RF transmitter. Those will work with as many headphones as you want. They all have to be from the same company and compatible with the transmitter.
https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Best-Wireless-Headphones-Watching/dp/B01K6AGJM6
If your TV doesn't have analog audio or headphone out you would need a digital to analog converter to connect the transmitter.
If you split the audio output of the TV you can connect both a soundbar and bluetooth transmitter to the TV.
You could also use a BT transmitter that can pair with both a BT soundbar and...
You can't connect a BT transmitter to the USB port on a TV. No drivers for that.
I don't know of any BT transmitters that will connect to more than two headphones.
There are headphones that use their own RF transmitter. Those will work with as many headphones as you want. They all have to be from the same company and compatible with the transmitter.
https://www.amazon.com/Pack-Best-Wireless-Headphones-Watching/dp/B01K6AGJM6
If your TV doesn't have analog audio or headphone out you would need a digital to analog converter to connect the transmitter.
If you split the audio output of the TV you can connect both a soundbar and bluetooth transmitter to the TV.
You could also use a BT transmitter that can pair with both a BT soundbar and headphones.

Solution