If interested, help me find a laptop

aumeh

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
Hello TH forum! Long time visitor - first time poster.

1. What is your budget?
$300>x<800

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6"+

3. What screen resolution do you want?
at least 1280 x 720

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Used on the go and at home

5. How much battery life do you need?
~3 hrs at least

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Minor game play - older games at low-medium settings (would prefer a dedicated graphics card rather than integrated.

top 2 game useage are
League of Legends (best quality i can handle in price range

Minecraft (best quality i can handle in price range

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
drawing software, web browsing, videos, movies watching

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
At least 400gb HDD and sdd isn't a concern

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
<intentionally left blank>

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
at least a few years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD - no need for a bluray

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
No brand preference.

13. What country do you live in?
USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

The primary function of the laptop is to play my few select games, and also be able to web browse and have my wife use her drawing applications if she wants to

Thanks for all of the help guys it means alot and i hope you all can sorta help!

The bottom line is im not wanting a gameing computer for i don't need that i don't think, and bulkness of the object don't matter i can carry anysize please help thank you :)

If you want that kind of battery life but mild gaming capability, then the Intel HD 4000 on current Ivy Bridge CPUs may be enough for you. Typically, you won't get around 3 hours from anything with a dedicated GPU.

Or, considering your budget, you can probably find something for $600 - $700 with a good AMD APU. Although the APUs are not as good as Intel processors, their integrated GPU is better than the Intel HD 4000.

Alternatively, Intel's Haswell chips are said to pretty much put both iGPUs to shame when released, and be more energy efficient to boot.

Generally speaking: unless you find something on a good sale, used/refurb, or go with something a little dated, modern units cost close to and easily upwards of $700+ for a system with a low end dGPU. I think Clevo/Sager and MSI offer the best bang for the buck in the gaming field.