If mother board dies the will the laptop work/switch on?

May 29, 2019
Hello everyone,I have proplem with my laptop,whenever i switch on my laptop it stays for few minutes(3 min) and gets switched off suddenIy.I had given it to service center for repair.the serviice person said your laptop motherboard is dead.My question is if motherboard is dead then how does the laptop gets on.Sometimes it will be on for 10-20 min also.

If they didn't tell you what killed it, don't believe them. Go inside the case and see if removing the RAM sticks - one by one if there is more than one. While you're in there, check that the fan doesn;t stop after a while. That would cause a failure and ultimately would kill the CPU.

Ideally, you would download the manufacturer's service manual but if you can't find one, you need a 2.5mm Pozi screwdriver, a magnet and an old credit/hotel key card. When you remove screws from the bottom and they differ in length, put them on a piece of paper on which you've marked where the holes are in the case. If you put a longer screw in where a short one should go, it can wreck things in seconds.

The magnet stops you losing screws and the credit card is to get into the base from the top. Using a knife is a bad idea.

Hello everyone,I have proplem with my laptop,whenever i switch on my laptop it stays for few minutes(3 min) and gets switched off suddenIy.I had given it to service center for repair.the serviice person said your laptop motherboard is dead.My question is if motherboard is dead then how does the laptop gets on.Sometimes it will be on for 10-20 min also.

There are various levels of things being broken, some just don't work, some work but crash like in your case. Sudden shutdowns in a system is often a motherboard issue, but you should check on exactly what they tested. Listing brand and model of the system is a good idea also, some systems are known for specific issues and older ones it may not even be worth fixing but better to replace it.