I'm buying a Pixel 9 Pro but plan to wait — here’s why

Jul 28, 2024
Google Pixel phones are on sale a lot, so why should I buy on day 1 when I know discounts are almost certainly coming?

I'm buying a Pixel 9 Pro but plan to wait — here’s why : Read more
I have a pixel 6 pro as well. I may go ahead and get this gen, I really want to wait for the 10 Pro XL at this point, but the glitchy mess and dim screen(when outside) is just getting so old with the p6p. I know we all have reservations about pixel phones at launch, I know I do. Last year when the 8 pro launched, I could have traded in for $400 credit. The pixel 5 was getting $300 credit. You also could get an optional free watch or ear buds last year or money off I believe.

Any other time I have looked at the Google Store, Amazon, or other retailers you got $75-100 for the same p6p trade. No freebies, yes a small $100-200 discount sure, but trade in was a true slap in the face. All and all if I'm going to get a pixel 9 Pro XL, it will be at launch and if I don't do it I'll hold out for the 10 at launch. It's about what's best for the wallet for me. Best of luck with your decision!

Jul 28, 2024
For the past couple of years, the trade-ins offered by Google for pre-ordering the new Pixel have been substantial. Last year I bought a Pixel 8, and they gave me $325 for my Pixel 7, and the Pixel 8 was on sale as well. The year before was even better. So, for me, I think if they again offer a great trade-in for my Pixel 8, and have a sale on a Pixel 9 Pro, I will pre-order the Pixel 9 Pro, not expecting a better deal later.

Jul 29, 2024
I have G6P as well. This time I'll wait to see if new phone reception is good. It was huge disappointment when I upgraded my phone to find out I barely have signal where my Pixel XL had 5 bars