I'm getting a new laptop for school/casual gaming

The_Yeti

Estimable
Dec 11, 2015
1. What is your budget?

$1000

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

No more then 15.6"

3. What screen resolution do you want?

1080p

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Portable

5. How much battery life do you need?

5+ hours

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, Minecraft, Terraria all on medium or higher

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

Browsing on the web, Viewing videos

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

500 GBs or a ssd

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

No preference

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

2+ years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

SD/SDHC writer/reader, possibly a HDMI port and of course a USB port

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

Everything but, Gigabyte due to people complaining online with a bad experience with Gigabyte

13. What country do you live in?

CANADA!

14. Misc.

No extreme gaming laptops

Solution
The best option that I know are asus n laptops. As all the games can be played using the igpu avoid getting one with a dgpu. Try and get a 4th gen ulv i5 and an ssd for the best performance. Or look at the msi ghost or apache range. I don't know how much cad $ are in terms of £ though.

Gamer Cat

Estimable
May 11, 2015

15" version of the Nitro:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315129&cm_re=Acer_v15_nitro-_-34-315-129-_-Product

EDIT: Nevermind. Above budget.

The best option that I know are asus n laptops. As all the games can be played using the igpu avoid getting one with a dgpu. Try and get a 4th gen ulv i5 and an ssd for the best performance. Or look at the msi ghost or apache range. I don't know how much cad $ are in terms of £ though.

Solution