"I'm Getting Arrested" App Inspired by Occupy Wall Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
I would also like the ability to start recording audio and send all pictures taken within the last 10 minutes to facebook. When it says locked, I would prefer it to go into a completely silent mode where only a specific combination of keys pressed would release it. So it could complete the task of sending the photos and send a specific message to all incoming texts including GPS position, lol...

_Cubase_

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
[citation][nom]mrmez[/nom]Not available on the iPhone.People with iPhones don't get arrested.[/citation]

That's because handcuffs are useless against magic!

rhangman

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Similar feature built into Samsung's BadaOS. Activated as I recall by hitting the volume up button 4 times. If anyone calls you back the phone also auto-answers, but looks dead.

aquila

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
[citation][nom]tacoslave[/nom]@mrmez you must mean people with iphones DESERVED to get arrested[/citation]
I've owned iPhones myself, and I approve of this message. :D

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
[citation][nom]hoofhearted[/nom]These people are jobless and doing this silly protest thing, occupy Wall Street, yet they own smartphones ??!?!?!?![/citation]

Not all jobless, and the ones which are will be students.£25 contact isn't hard to keep up.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Yet if the whole point of this OWS movement is to protest corporate influence over democracy and they are paying this "contract", then they are supporting the object of the cause they are against. At least that is how I see wireless carriers, especially in the USA with their contract crap.

And writes software for Citibank ... LOLOL ... the recipient of $300 Billion USA taxpayer bailout money. Yeah, he really believes in the movement LOLOLOL

soundthinking

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
"he believes in the movement but would rather spend his time developing software for companies like Tiffany & Co. and Citibank."

Well which is it sir, do you support these smelly hippie protesters espousing communism and/or anarchy; or do you support capitalism by working? The writer of this app needs to be slapped for gross hypocrisy, since he shouldn't be supporting the people who hate his employers. Is there a way of flagging an Android app for developer stupidity?

soundthinking

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
[citation][nom]alyoshka[/nom]No, what he meant is that people with iPhones are too dumb/self indulgent etc etc to be involved in anything that benefits others.[/citation]

Yeah 'cause this is movement is benefiting people [/sarcasm]. The locations for these idiotic protests are being destroyed by the occupiers, and the businesses near by are having trouble attracting customers amidst the hoopla. Do you call that helping? I don't think so. This movement is just angry-hippie-Woodstock minus the acid-rock and plus the violent and conflicting Communist and Anarchist speeches echoed back by the mindless college students that attend. The end result is bunch of mindwashed and unwashed young people who are one step closer mentally to perform terrible things to further their goal of creating chaos.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
[citation][nom]teknomedic[/nom]how about a "i'm being kidnapped, or murdered or need 911 help now" kinda of app or additions to this one???[/citation]

Things have gotten really bad when people need an "app" to dial 911. How many presses would that save exactly?

ned ur hlp..stabd by mrderr...no tme 2 cal 911... :-/

purist

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
"The writer of this app needs to be slapped for gross hypocrisy, since he shouldn't be supporting the people who hate his employers."

Surely building weapons for both sides in a conflict is the basis of modern capitalism. Banks are happy to supply protesters with accounts, Tiffany & Co are hardly likely to bar protesters from their stores (though they're hardly the target market).

The protesters are (amongst other things) reacting against corruption in the financial sector. Many rich people, politicians, college professors and even red-necks are angry about the tax dollars spent on bailouts.
I am a capitalist and like most capitalists I believe in social justice, helping other people and not being a douche and taking tax money for screwing up the economy. If these bankers worked in a truly capitalist society they'd be looking for jobs now and their banks would have been sold off. Being anti-corruption is not communism!

Status
Not open for further replies.