I'm looking to buy a laptop to record Minecraft and do my Engineering Course

nvcboss

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
I need to a laptop to play Minecraft, CS:GO, and do my engineering course. My budget is around 1000, just less than 1.3K. Right now I'm looking at a Lenovo Y50, should I do that or go for ASUS ROG?

taigadog03

Estimable
Oct 19, 2014
Both should be enough for good performance, but if you're looking for the best bang for the buck, you will need to fill me in a little. What ROG model are you considering? I ask that beause some ROG models are up gradable (ie. cpu, gpu, ram, etc.). For me that is a big thumbs up, as in the past I have had to buy a new laptop to keep up with games, but i'm not sure of your level of excitement for this factor.

Please fill me in.....

-taigadog03

Update: With the y50 you get a $200 intel software bundle, if you are intrested. Here's the link. Check the y50 page on newegg and it will show the bundle. It's free of course ;)

taigadog03

Estimable
Oct 19, 2014
Both should be enough for good performance, but if you're looking for the best bang for the buck, you will need to fill me in a little. What ROG model are you considering? I ask that beause some ROG models are up gradable (ie. cpu, gpu, ram, etc.). For me that is a big thumbs up, as in the past I have had to buy a new laptop to keep up with games, but i'm not sure of your level of excitement for this factor.

Please fill me in.....

-taigadog03

Update: With the y50 you get a $200 intel software bundle, if you are intrested. Here's the link. Check the y50 page on newegg and it will show the bundle. It's free of course ;)

Thetechmech

Estimable
Jun 8, 2014
go with the y50.....its way lighter and packs a great punch.....http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K6ZIMFY?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B00K6ZIMFY&linkCode=xm2&tag=thepcgamhar-20

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 2
I Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 10
T Laptop Tech Support 5
L Laptop Tech Support 3
P Laptop Tech Support 7
L Laptop Tech Support 15