im on a very low budget

yb4life2322

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015
Hi I have an Acer laptop and every time I turn it on the screen appears black. But all the lights seem to be flashing. I don't know if there's a way to fix it or not.

Solution
Hook the laptop up to an external monitor. There should be a key (likely one of the number keys) that when you press that one + fn key it cycles the video output (usually this is the 5 or 8 key).

If this gets a display then it is a problem with the screen
If this does not work then it is a problem with the rest of the system.

Does they system make any sounds? Have you tried typing in your password and hitting enter if your computer is password protected?

bootcher

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
You might have a broken videocard or screen. You can try to connect it to an external monitor to verify if the videocard works or not. Simply connect it to another monitor and restart the computer, or when the computer is on try to cycle through the multiple display settings through the Fn keys of the laptop.

Hook the laptop up to an external monitor. There should be a key (likely one of the number keys) that when you press that one + fn key it cycles the video output (usually this is the 5 or 8 key).

If this gets a display then it is a problem with the screen
If this does not work then it is a problem with the rest of the system.

Does they system make any sounds? Have you tried typing in your password and hitting enter if your computer is password protected?

Solution