Solved! I'm struggling to find a 3.5mm TRRS (female) to TRRS splitter (2 males)

Oct 12, 2021
Hi there,

I've had a search around and can't find any suggestions for this so it's a new thread I'm afraid,

Does anyone know if there is a technical reason why I can't seem to find an adapter that will split a 3.5mm TRRS into two 3.5mm TRRS outputs? (I can find TRRS to 2 TRS output but it needs to be TRRS)

I accept that there may be some loss of quality by splitting the signal but I would still expect such an adapter to EXIST, but I can't seem to find one anywhere.

Can anyone suggest such an adapter - preferably available in the UK - or a reason why I wouldn't be able to do this?

Thanks in advance.

(PS - I can describe the setup I'm trying to use if required but I'm confident that it's definitely TRRS to 2 x TRRS that I need)

Last edited:
Solution
Amazing. Learn something nude everyday. At least I hope to. : )
As far as any technical reason. No. Is there some signal loss in a Y plug, sure, not enough to matter for most audio applications.
And here you go.
Lots on EBay
Where they are located, I didn't look. But all it will take is a bit of soldering to make the Y version you want.
Again, I didn't look, but it would not surprise me if you found the Y version you want ready made.
Cheers!

The items in the link is not what the OP is looking for.
This should be the right thing...

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
I know what a 3.5mm male and female jacks/plugs are as they are used everywhere, but what is TRSS?
This question comes from the KING of TLA's. (Three Letter Acronyms). And even even FLA's (Four letter acronyms.
Off the top of my head I know that CMOS is Complimentary Metal Oxide Semiconductor. But you have me stumped.
Transistor Radio, Solid State? No! Tandy Radio Shack Store !! : )

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2021
It's related to the bands on the actual plug..

Three-contact versions are known as TRS connectors, where T stands for "tip" R stands for "ring" and S stands for "sleeve".
Ring contacts are typically the same diameter as the sleeve ( the long shank)
Similarly, two-, four- and five- contact versions are called TS, TRRS and TRRRS connectors respectively.

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
As far as any technical reason. No. Is there some signal loss in a Y plug, sure, not enough to matter for most audio applications.
And here you go.
Lots on EBay
Where they are located, I didn't look. But all it will take is a bit of soldering to make the Y version you want.
Again, I didn't look, but it would not surprise me if you found the Y version you want ready made.
Cheers!

And here you go.
Lots on EBay
Cheers!

The items in the link is not what the OP is looking for.
This should be the right thing https://www.amazon.com/CablesOnline...ocphy=9001834&hvtargid=pla-346494387339&psc=1

Takes a 4 pole female (input) and send signal to dual 4 pole male connectors (output)

Solution

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
Actually, if he was willing to solder, as I mentioned, the items would have worked fine.
I did not have the energy/ time to do the work the OP could have done himself.
I am amazed at the number of people who come here because they were unwilling to
do a search online for themselves, as they know what they need.
Like it or not, it's true and you know it.
I prefer to help people willing to put in some effort on their end.

Last edited:
Actually, if he was willing to solder, as I mentioned, the items would have worked fine.
I did not have the energy/ time to do the work the OP could have done himself.
I am amazed at the number of people who come here because they were unwilling to
do a search online for themselves, as they know what they need.
Like it or not, it's true and you know it.
I prefer to help people willing to put in some effort on their end.

Yes it's not hard to find the parts but telling someone to solder their own adapters when they can't find one that is pretty easy to find is not really a solution. Very few know how to make cables or solder. A lot of people don't know what they are looking at or what the things they are looking for is called or what will actually work.

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
Yes it's not hard to find the parts but telling someone to solder their own adapters when they can't find one that is pretty easy to find is not really a solution. Very few know how to make cables or solder. A lot of people don't know what they are looking at or what the things they are looking for is called or what will actually work.
Sometimes I see people asking for help on something that just needs to be Googled, and they know exactly what they need. And what it's called as in this case.
Despite that, my wording was less than diplomatic, I agree. I am SO used to just making things for myself, (You have seen I am very knowledgeable) that I get the idea that others can do the same, and they can't.
They don't have that experience or the tools. And I forget that. I have caught myself more times than you know editing what I say before it ever gets posted.
Yes I need to work even harder at that. When I see obviously just lazy people unwilling to do a search, I try to skip those questions completely.
I'll work on it.