Image of Police Abusing Woman Sparks Outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

xaira

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
i think the fact that it circulated so fast has a lot more to do with the prostitute being naked than it has to do with excessive force by law enforcement.

G

"...during a prostitution bust in central CHINA." So this outcry will be promptly ignored, like someone in CHINA actually gives a rats ass. People in the west are silly.

precariousgray

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2009
[citation][nom]c0r3f1ght3r[/nom]and the sad thing is crap like this happens everyday in America... watch some submedia or something...[/citation]
Yeah. Nothing's more fun than falling through the cracks.

choz

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Exactly, so when is TH going to start doing articles about, "Picture of dogging licking own testicles leaks onto the internet"?

IndyColts99

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
As soon as the "Oprah turns on her computer" story hits Tom's, I'm outta here. Not every single "story" involving electricity/internet belongs on here. If someone has sex in a car, it's not reported on Car and Driver.

Tom's, if I want National Enquirer bullshit stories, I know there website, got it?

FoShizzleDizzle

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
First of all- PRO TIP: if the police are trying to detain you: COOPERATE. If you don't and they use excessive force, you wrote your own destiny so shut your mouth.

secondly - pulling hair is an outrage? firstly, I was expecting it to be shoving the nightstick up her **** if it caused outrage. Also, who would want to touch a naked, likely HIV-infected ho on any other part of her body? These police certainly don't get paid enough to put themselves in harms way of contracting the AIDS virus. Pulling her hair was probably the safest manner to go about detaining an uncooperative, naked prostitute.

superprelude

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
That's all he did? I think that's nothing, and media is trying to put bad name on China again, just like many other times.

American cops has done much worse and daily, and it's capture on Video too. I am sure China policemen has done pretty much the same things the Cops did too. So, what's the big deal?

Back to this picture, I think he wasn't nice to lady, and we don't really know the story behind it. This should be ignored by the internet. Except the fact that it's from China, and there is a naked Chinese girl in the picture, then everybody got so excited.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I bet she deserved it. How else do you apprehend a naked woman? She would've cried sexual harassment if you grabbed her body. Then again, this is China.

G

What has happened to Tom's? This place used to be a decent place to read some good tech articles and now it is about prostitution in China. I am sorry, what site is this again? Maybe this should be posted in Tom's China or something.

G

If the commie chinks can massacre and make hundreds of Uighurs disappear overnight, than bashing prostitutes is nothing. The West really needs to press hard on Beijing regarding its human rights violation records than pick on a story like this!

lashabane

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2009
Why is this even on here? This is under the subsection "Influence of Technology on Society." Technology isn't influencing society in this article. Technology is being utilized as a medium of distribution but is in no way actually affecting society.

I come to TH so I can read about things not found on Yahoo!'s front page.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Rab1d-BDGR[/nom]I don't believe the term "excessive force" has an accurate translation in the Chinese language(s). Well, not since 1949 anyhow.[/citation]
过度使用武力

How about 'Excessive use of force'?

I love Canada... prostitution is actually legal here, however... communication the sale of sex (asking how much she charges), running a bawdy house (hooking from a building instead of the street) are illegal...

Status
Not open for further replies.