Question IMEI block

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2021
Can a network provider block an iPhone if it belongs to another person who is not the account holder?

Mar 28, 2021
I understand what the blocking is usually used for. However the phone was a gift to my daughter. Her dad pays for the phone contract. They have had an argument and he’s blocked her phone account from use as a punishment. The issue is hes blocked the phone too. Im Waiting to hear from the complainant department but I wanted to know if this should be able to happen, given that it’s rendered my property useless.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
As the account holder, he has the power to make changes to the account, especially for children.

While the family dynamics here are none of our business, you could move her number to an account the dad doesn't control.

This is more of a family matter than a technical one.

Mar 28, 2021
i have a new account set up the issue is that the phone is useless. I just wanted to know it anyone knew if network provider can block a phone that I can prove doesn’t belong to the account holder. The family drama detail is just to explain how it’s blocked and why I can’t unblock it.

bignastyid

Splendid
If the phone was reported as lost/stolen by the account holder the phone was connected to then the IMEI was likely blacklisted. You'll need to contact the carrier to get it removed from the blacklist, hopefully you still have the receipt as that may prove useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.