Immigrant 'Smuggle Truck' iPhone Game Rejected

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyBB

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2008
Why don't you make this for Android? Please don't overlook Android. It's getting bigger! Sigh..., really tired so reading apps only for iOS.

Zingam

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
Is there at least one native American who speaks out against emigrants in this forum? You all took land from them. These emigrants at least do not shoot you dead to take your homes from you unlike your forefathers.

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
[citation][nom]osxsier[/nom]The only person who is a parasite is you. Racist prick.[/citation]

You side with illegal immigrants? Are you not American, or just stupid?

Are you Mexican? A liberal running for office looking for non-documented democratic voters perhaps?

Go look up what illegal immigrants are doing to this country (USA), and the way they exploit the system. Then look up the definition of parasite.

I also wish parasitic illegals would go back where they came from, but I have nothing against LEGAL immigrants, including people from Mexico.

Am I a racist too, or are you noticing your stupidity?

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
[citation][nom]not_yet[/nom]i'd like to think he was refering to the goverment[/citation]

Either way...

[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]Is there at least one native American who speaks out against emigrants in this forum? You all took land from them. These emigrants at least do not shoot you dead to take your homes from you unlike your forefathers.[/citation]

No just my cars stereos phones laptops tv's.... what am i missing.. o jobs um money. there is alot more :) Besides the native american thing is well stupid.. Thats how war worked then you take over a country. They were lucky we gave them some land honestly Whoever in the past has ever done that. Im sure whatever country your from has done its share of taking over land in its past so go smell your own shit and leave ours alone :)

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]Is there at least one native American who speaks out against emigrants in this forum? You all took land from them. These emigrants at least do not shoot you dead to take your homes from you unlike your forefathers.[/citation]

Were there no rival native tribes that took land from each other?

Though it can be wicked, it is the circle of life. The wise and mighty will always prevail.

Or would you prefer to be sitting in a tree, in a loincloth, right now, waiting for dinner to come scurrying through the bushes?

G

if an ii with no qualifications or skills takes your job, you are twice a loser

ubercake

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Hey, let's face it... The corporations like the cheap labor... Obama (apple owner) supports them... Why can't other people make some money from the immigrant smuggling enterprise? Why limit the benefits of exploiting illegal immigrants to the large corporations and politicians???

I guess apple took issue since they need to be a little more sensitive to the whole human rights cause since they are sued every so often by people in their Chinese sweatshops.

tonitelaoag

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2007
i appreciated the demo game itself for pc, casual games are getting better and better. more power to this developer and hope they sell million copies of this, thanks tom

G

Disturbed by the game?

How about being disturbed by reality which is far worse than this game?

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
[citation][nom]jtt283[/nom]I'm truly sorry if you believed my reference was to immigrants themselves. Nothing could be farther from the truth. "Parasites" was a reference to Government and its minions, who compel others to their will by force (or threats thereof). This country was BUILT by immigrants; if you're coming here to work (as the millions who passed through Ellis Island in the 19th century did), please come because we need you. [/citation]

The problem is that things are out of control now. When this was a young nation that needed a population to help it become an industrial power was one thing. Today we are busting out of the seams with people, and one of the primary causes of over population in the US is immigration. There is a need for immigration in the US, but it should be controlled and the numbers capped. I would love to see a cap of 100,000 per year. As it is, the feds are trying to control a situation that is nothing more than a ticking time bomb and they will not win anyway you look at it.

One thing I must say about immigrants, they know more about the US Constitution and how the federal government works than most politicians in office.

booseek

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]Raidur[/nom]You side with illegal immigrants? Are you not American, or just stupid?Are you Mexican? A liberal running for office looking for non-documented democratic voters perhaps?Go look up what illegal immigrants are doing to this country (USA), and the way they exploit the system. Then look up the definition of parasite.I also wish parasitic illegals would go back where they came from, but I have nothing against LEGAL immigrants, including people from Mexico.Am I a racist too, or are you noticing your stupidity?[/citation]

Spoken like a true silver-platter American/Westerner, like so many of us are. Easy to say things like this when you're sitting comfortably on this side of the border. Very difficult to say things like this when you're the one living in a third-world country, have a family to support, and don't really have too many other alternatives. It is their responsibility and humane duty to try to come here, even if it is just for themselves. You can't really expect the majority of the planet to sit and watch us eat cake while they starve to death. We're like a mansion in the slums. What do you expect these people to do?

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]booseek[/nom]What do you expect these people to do?[/citation]

Obey the laws of the country they want to come to? Or is that too much to expect?

booseek

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]figgus[/nom]Obey the laws of the country they want to come to? Or is that too much to expect?[/citation]

You're not even answering the question in the context of which it was given. "Obeying the law," in this sense, means either starving or being a hair's breadth from starvation. It is the difference between having a terrible life or a tolerable one.

Again, the question that I asked was: given the circumstances, what do you expect them to do? What would you do? Would you have this BS "respect" for the law if you were in their position? Or would you instead try to take the opportunity for a better life?

It is just too easy to play this game of "I know you live in an f'd up world, and I can eat whatever I'd like whenever I'd like (and play Crysis on my $1500 computer), but these are the rules so please respect them: I stay here, while you just stay over there."

booseek

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
Just understand that it was all a matter of luck that you were born here. You could have been born in Mexico, the Philippines, Ethiopia, or wherever else. You would not be spewing this "respect for the law" nonsense (the law, of course, being the very thing that is preventing you from having a somewhat decent life).

Status
Not open for further replies.