Impossible to get out of Aptio setup utility

Elbookworm

Prominent
May 17, 2017
Computer information: unknown.
Problem: My Asus laptop seems to be having trouble booting.
So what happened was my computer has been running slower than usual and I've been wanting to do a reset. I went and backed up the files that I needed and went to the settings to do a reset. After a while, in the process of resetting, the percentage was stuck somewhere around 20%. Then my computer came up with a message about an error that occured. So I restarted my computer and the computer started normal, and nothing seems to have deleted. So I did it again, and still failed to reset. There was an option called Advance Options or something like that, and I tried to use the Full reset option. My computer failed again, but this time after I have restarted my computer, it took me into a black screen that says something about cleaning the trusted security files or something like that. I canceled it, but then my computer took me to a screen that is the Aptio utility setup. I exited and the black screen came up again. I decided to clear whatever it was and I was hoping for something to happen but my computer just took me to the utility setup again. I went to some settings to see if I can go to another screen to boot up, and I did, and after my computer restarted, the advanced options showed up but I can't boot Windows 10 anymore. So after a while of searching what to do and trying out the other options under Advance options and after so many start up failures, I tried restoring my computer using a recovery disk (USB). From that point on, things gotten impossible. I'm stuck on the Aptio utility screen, and I can't do anything to get out of it. For some odd reason, my computer somehow made all boot options missing under the Boot tab in the utility setup. The only thing that's left is the Windows Boot Manager under the Boot tab.

Solution
Try the following and see if it resolves the problem.

1. In the Aptio Setup Utility, select the "boot" menu and then select "Launch CSM" and change it to "enable".

2. Next select the "Security" menu and then select "secure Boot Control" and change to "disable".

3. Now select "Save & Exit" and press "yes".

4. Once you have done this, hold down the "power" button until the laptop turns off completely.

5. Now you want to power it back on and continually press the "F9" button for about ten seconds or until you are taken to the "Windows Recovery Menu".

6. In here select "Advanced Start Up" and then, once the recovery menu appears, select "Advance Options".

7. Choose "System Restore" and select a date prior to when the problem started...
Try the following and see if it resolves the problem.

1. In the Aptio Setup Utility, select the "boot" menu and then select "Launch CSM" and change it to "enable".

2. Next select the "Security" menu and then select "secure Boot Control" and change to "disable".

3. Now select "Save & Exit" and press "yes".

4. Once you have done this, hold down the "power" button until the laptop turns off completely.

5. Now you want to power it back on and continually press the "F9" button for about ten seconds or until you are taken to the "Windows Recovery Menu".

6. In here select "Advanced Start Up" and then, once the recovery menu appears, select "Advance Options".

7. Choose "System Restore" and select a date prior to when the problem started.

The computer should now go through the restore process and then start normally for you.

Solution

Prominent
Jun 3, 2017

I cannot enable Launch CSM, how do I?

haikalyusri0

Prominent
Dec 4, 2017

The steps only relevant for me until steps number 4. It didnt bring me to the windows recovery menu.