Solved! in ceiling speakers not working

Nov 3, 2020
I have a house that is about 12 years old, several rooms have pairs of in ceiling speakers. the other day i noticed only one of the speakers in each room is working.. I bought replacement speakers and installed them in two of the rooms but still no sound from the new speakers????

Solution
I suspect that the system provides stereo sound. One channel is not working. Check at the output of the amp to see if there is a signal present and you will know if the amp is bad or amp input is missing on one channel (likely) or you have a broken wire (unlikely).
I have a house that is about 12 years old, several rooms have pairs of in ceiling speakers. the other day i noticed only one of the speakers in each room is working.. I bought replacement speakers and installed them in two of the rooms but still no sound from the new speakers????

Did you make sure the wiring to the amplifier is OK? There are many reasons they may not work aside from bad speakers.

I suspect that the system provides stereo sound. One channel is not working. Check at the output of the amp to see if there is a signal present and you will know if the amp is bad or amp input is missing on one channel (likely) or you have a broken wire (unlikely).

Solution