Solved! In home wifi connectivity issues.

Oct 26, 2018
I am having wifi signal locations in my room and i can not find any reasonable explanation for it. I have a strong router, and the wifi signal on my phone reads strong connection. But the connection times out instantly when trying to use it in certain rooms. This is a normal problem for most people, but my problem isnt when im in rooms far away from my router. It is impossible for me to use the wifi internet if im in the same room or the same level of my home as the router. If i am up stairs and down the hall 50 feet or so it works great but i have absolutely no usuable connection to the router in the same room as it. I can rest my phone on top of the router and it will tell me it has a full signal but will not be able to load a single browser or download a podcast. Does anyone have an explanation as to what is going on?

Solution
With some modems/routers you can direct the signal. Making it stronger in one direction than another. It is not common, but that is one thing to check. You would have to log into the modem's/router's settings to check.

It is also possible that there is another WiFi that is crossing yours and much stronger right there. That is way more common. It can be interfering.

I would check for both issues.
With some modems/routers you can direct the signal. Making it stronger in one direction than another. It is not common, but that is one thing to check. You would have to log into the modem's/router's settings to check.

It is also possible that there is another WiFi that is crossing yours and much stronger right there. That is way more common. It can be interfering.

I would check for both issues.

Solution