in my phone SD card and phone storage not show in filemanager and that creates a problem to download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anupam_6

Prominent
Jun 15, 2017
Internal storage and SD card not show in filemanager and also crates a large problems to download any thing.

Solution
On many phones you will have to sign into the phone(wake in and enter your pin/password/unlock code). You may also be asked to allow access. You will have to do this as well(if your device is set to charge only you will not see any files on it. Slide down from the top of the screen to change the usb mode while connected to a computer).

Current versions of Android and Windows Phone(I have not played with iPhone is a good while) use MTP(media transfer protocol) to transfer files to the computer instead of the old UMS(USB mass storage). This causes these devices to not have a drive letter, but they will show up under Explorer or My Computer(just Computer on newer versions of Windows).

You can manually copy files from your device to your...

nukemaster

Distinguished
On many phones you will have to sign into the phone(wake in and enter your pin/password/unlock code). You may also be asked to allow access. You will have to do this as well(if your device is set to charge only you will not see any files on it. Slide down from the top of the screen to change the usb mode while connected to a computer).

Current versions of Android and Windows Phone(I have not played with iPhone is a good while) use MTP(media transfer protocol) to transfer files to the computer instead of the old UMS(USB mass storage). This causes these devices to not have a drive letter, but they will show up under Explorer or My Computer(just Computer on newer versions of Windows).

You can manually copy files from your device to your system or from your system to your device this way.

MTP is kind of slow, but it allows the phone to manage what the end user can access and is generally though of as a better option for storage management on mobile devices.

Solution

JenneQ

Estimable
Apr 14, 2015
If you get a virus on your SD card, your SD card may be hidden. Now, you can try using CMD (command prompt) to fix this issue.

Click Start button.
Search command or cmd.
Right-click or tap the Command Prompt search result, and choose Run as administrator.
Type diskpart and press Enter.
Type attrib -h -r -s /s /d drive letter:\*.*( for example, attrib -h -r -s /s /d k:\*.* )and press Enter.

attrib -h -r -s s d k

Finally, type Exit.

Status
Not open for further replies.