inch long purple line on laptop screen

Dec 26, 2018
Hiya

A few days ago i noticed a inch long purple line on my laptop screen, the laptop itself a hp omen 15 does not show any signs of damage and the line is most visible against a black background, i am wondering if anyone can help identify the problem as i don't want to send it off to hp if its a cracked screen.

thank you

If it's in warranty, and the screen does not actually looked cracked, contact HP support. Take close up pictures of the issue area so you can show them it's not a damaged screen if they happen to say it is.

Dec 26, 2018

Dec 26, 2018
Hello thank you your response the screen doesn't have any signs of damage and the purple line is isolated to one small area how do I upload a picture to be able to show you

Contact HP support if it's in warranty, not here. Does the line change at all when you move the screen around? It may be a loose connection.

Dec 26, 2018

No the line doesn't move at all and it not a solid purple colour either it's pixelated

Pixelated line, especially if it changes during use, can be a faulty video card, maybe RAM, overheating, could still be an issue with the cable or screen as well.