Incompatible version app

Aug 10, 2018
This message appears when I try to install one particular Google Play application on my LG G3 phone:
"You cannot install this app because another user has already installed an incompatible version on this device". I have searched through all the installed apps on my phone, but could not find this so-called "incompatible version" app.
Can anybody help me?
Francis

Solution
I see no reason to do as the repairer suggested, as that won't actually get you back to the original OS. In such a case a "Hard Reset" would work just fine (unless the device was rooted). While you can back up any files, you can't back up any apps and there is truly no guaranty that it would help.

To be honest, since it is just one app, I can't see it being the OS as the problem. It is more likely it isn't working correctly (the app) and the creators well may not care about the issue. Wouldn't be the first time I have seen that. You may want to try a different app and see if it works for you. I am sure there are other ones of a similar nature. Also, if you paid for that app, I would ask for a refund.
Try turning the phone off, and then starting it up in "Safe Mode". Then go into your apps (settings... apps... all...) and see if there is any installed app listed that could be the cause. It doesn't have to be named the same or even similar. Not even if there is an app named in the error. Should this turn up nothing, then it may actually be a flaw in the apps info itself. I would go back and make sure that the phone you are trying to use it on fits with the specs for the app. And should that lead nowhere, try contacting the apps creators. They may know a reason for the flaw, or need to look into it.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Aug 10, 2018
Thanks for the prompt response. Your suggestion still doesn't solve problem.
I did contact the apps supplier in Google Play Store "Pleco Chinese English Dictionary", but they could not help either. My phone is the LG G3 Model D855. No problem installing other apps except for this particular one which is quite strange. Another phone repairer suggested that it is a firmware issue and that I should flash the firmware back to factory setting which means that all my data will be wipe out, but they could not guarantee that problem will be solved.

I see no reason to do as the repairer suggested, as that won't actually get you back to the original OS. In such a case a "Hard Reset" would work just fine (unless the device was rooted). While you can back up any files, you can't back up any apps and there is truly no guaranty that it would help.

To be honest, since it is just one app, I can't see it being the OS as the problem. It is more likely it isn't working correctly (the app) and the creators well may not care about the issue. Wouldn't be the first time I have seen that. You may want to try a different app and see if it works for you. I am sure there are other ones of a similar nature. Also, if you paid for that app, I would ask for a refund.

Solution