incrasing of video memory

Erad__

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
Can i increase video memory upto 64mb.......i have intel64 family 6 model 37 stepping 5

Solution
You actually don't have any video memory. All of the memory is shared out of that 4gb of system RAM. It is possible to make your system think you have more video memory and less system memory, but --again-- that won't help anything.

Perhaps if you would share what problem you are experiencing, we could help point you in the right direction.

Starcruiser

Honorable
May 18, 2013
So... you have an i5 m580? And you're using the integrated graphics? If so the only way to increase the video memory from integrated graphics is to increase your system RAM. The BIOS and OS will automatically allocate more memory to graphics.

Erad__

Commendable
Jun 4, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Erad__ : "increasing of video memory"

but i have only 64mb video memory with 4 gb ram........there should be 512mb video ram with 4gb

Calculagator

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
You actually don't have any video memory. All of the memory is shared out of that 4gb of system RAM. It is possible to make your system think you have more video memory and less system memory, but --again-- that won't help anything.

Perhaps if you would share what problem you are experiencing, we could help point you in the right direction.

Solution

PhatLloyd

Estimable
Jul 1, 2014

He's been PMing me too. He needs a pc to play those games, a laptop just won't do justice.