Increasing the battery life of a laptop with max 4 hours

silver_android

Estimable
Mar 5, 2015
I was just curious, I have a laptop which has a battery life of 3-4 hours max, I was wondering if there was a way to increase it. I've heard that switching the hard drive for a solid state is better, and switching my wireless card from a 802.11b/g/n to a 802.11ac is better. Is this true?

http://

This link is an html file (stored on my Google Drive) of the specs outputted from CPU-Z.

EDIT: My hard drive is a 5400 RPM 1 TB HDD.

Benab3

Estimable
Jan 12, 2015
There are a few things you can do without changing hardware. You can change your power setting to power saver mode, dampens performance a bit and lowers screen brightness.
You can also run less things... Go into msconfig and go under startup, see what is there if there are unnecessary things uncheck the boxes and then restart.

Also malware can use computing power and waste battery, run a good antivirus ( I like eset ) along with superantispyware and malware bytes.

You could do a few things,

First unistall programs you don't need
Second change the power profile to the power saving
Third do less multitasking
Fourth Use less intense software
Fifth make sure that the drivers for all the hardware and software are the latest

I don't know if the things you have said are true or not unfortunetly

silver_android

Estimable
Mar 5, 2015
I already go into power saving mode and lower my screen brightness to the lowest possible it can go, the only things I have running at startup are some Intel modules and the Java update thing, but I'll check out the antivirus thing.

Thanks for the suggestion! :)

silver_android

Estimable
Mar 5, 2015

1) I just recently did a clean install of Windows so my programs are kind of at a minimum right now.
3) For browsing the Internet, should I stick to Chrome when on battery or should I get a different browser?
4) I don't understand what you mean by
Use less intense software
, could you elaborate a bit on that?
5) Should I install all the drivers that ASUS provides or just the basics for the hardware?

I meant like use firefox instead of chrome. Chrome is faster but takes up more cpu which results in your battery life being reduced.