Inexpensive gaming laptop?

actualfox

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
I am in the process of window shopping for a laptop that I could use for both work and school while also being powerful enough to play games on. Money is an issue at this time, which is to say that I cannot afford to drop two grand or more on a new system. I had been wondering about looking for an inexpensive, low-end laptop that would be easy on my wallet. It has recently occurred to me, however, that there might be refurbished or used laptops available on the market. I am not looking to have a system capable of running maximum settings, just one that will run the game on low-to-medium settings. I was wondering about using the specifications of a game like Fallout 4 as a benchmark by which to determine which systems might fit the bill.
If I wanted to purchase a laptop that was powerful enough to play Fallout 4 and other less demanding games, what would be the best computer I could get for less than $1000? Is there a specific brand I should look for? Are there certain conditions I should try and fulfill?

I can list preferences upon request, however I'm just looking to get started in PC gaming. I appreciate whatever assistance you can lend. Thanks for your time!

Solution
Alright.

For feature wise you should go for

-the best cpu you can get
- the best gpu you can get
-the best panel you can get ,ips (glossy or matte doesnt matter)

because you cannot relace those...

for ram 8 gb is enough if you want 16 you can always upgrade later on..
a 256 gb is nice becauwse 128 will eb full before you know it but you can easily replace that yourself as well

for your regular hdd well ... 1tb is enough for me

actualfox

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Superninja12, thank you for the recommendations! Out of curiosity, do you have any suggestions regarding a laptop that meets the above specifications and has a built-in DVD-ROM drive? I do know that there are external drives available for sale, but I am interested in having things contained in the same package.

actualfox

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Sorry, I should have been more clear. What I was asking for was recommendations regarding the size of the hard drive, the amount of RAM, and whether I should chip in more money for extra system memory.

superninja12

Estimable
Herald
May 18, 2015
Alright.

For feature wise you should go for

-the best cpu you can get
- the best gpu you can get
-the best panel you can get ,ips (glossy or matte doesnt matter)

because you cannot relace those...

for ram 8 gb is enough if you want 16 you can always upgrade later on..
a 256 gb is nice becauwse 128 will eb full before you know it but you can easily replace that yourself as well

for your regular hdd well ... 1tb is enough for me

Solution

actualfox

Prominent
Oct 6, 2017
Thanks for the reminder about upgrading! I had almost forgotten about that. I don't have any further questions at this time, but I'll be sure to be back if I think of one. Thanks for your help!