inoperative remote control on 60" Vizio Razot TV

bolindar

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
Hi! For some reason, the remote suddenly stopped working on my Vizio model E601i-A3E. Also the manual buttons on the side seem non-functioning. (Might be coincidental, but I noticed it shortly after we had a power outage in the neighborhood for about 15 minutes.) The TV was ON and it came back on after the power came back on. I can control channels etc, with the cable box remote, but can't shut the TV off or use volume control or anything with the supplied TV remote. The set is less than 2 months old. Please help!!

ronintexas

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
The power outage may have damaged your TV. I would suggest powering down all items (cable box, DVD, etc.), and unplugging the TV for 10-15 minutes, then plug it back in and see if things work. If they do not, I would contact the store you bought it from for instructions on how to get it services. TV's over 60" usually have at minimum of 90-day parts/labor warranty on them.

bolindar

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014

bolindar

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
Thank you Ron!! Yu da Man!! All is well! I got a year warranty from Vizio and had an added 3 year contract for $69!! Glad I didn't have to go thru all the hassle of letting WMart know etc. (and ya saved me $28 from one of the tech help outfits! (What a rip)) Be well ma man, and Thanks again!

TRENDING THREADS