Inspiron 5775 : Won't install Win 7!

Dec 22, 2018
Hello, just received my Inspiron 5775 but would like Windows 7 on it. Tech support says they can not support it; OK. Change some BIOS settings, boot from my Windows 7 64-bit installation disc, starts install, but after five minutes it aborts. Drivers?? HELP!! :)

SkyNetRising

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016

To install windows 7 on the laptop, you'll have to integrate USB drivers first. Possibly NVME drivers and several windows hotfixes also. Only then you'll be able to install.
But this is actually not the hardest part. You will have to find drivers for all the devices on laptop manually (graphics, audio,wifi,ethernet,touchpad,keyboard). Manufacturer provides only windows 10 drivers. If you don't manage to find those necessary drivers, respective devices will remain non-operational.
And finally windows updates will be disabled on this laptop, because microsoft has cut off support for windows 7 on newer hardware.
That's why tech support will refuse support it.

Dec 22, 2018
There is ONE driver on their site that says Win 7;
'Importance: Recommended

Version: 3.0.1 ,A00 Older versions
Release Date: 19 Nov 2018

File Name: Dell-Update-Application-Win-32_8F5H3_WIN_3.0.1_A00.EXE
File size: 86.26 MB

Description: This Win 32 package provides the Dell Update Application and is supported on Inspiron, Vostro, XPS and Alienware platforms running Windows, 7, 8.1 and 10.'

And the USB drivers, eh... I don't know what I will do for those...I'm just going one step at a time now, and that might be the next thing I have to figure out...
Tech support will not support it because Microsoft cut off the support, eh...
I just hope the community can work out SOMETHING!! :O