Instagram iOS Users Ticked Over Android Invasion

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I don't like the idea of Instagram myself, since it doesn't offer you precise, detailed controls which is what I like to do with my images.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
[citation][nom]testerguy[/nom]The exception?[/citation]
Unfortunately, it only takes a small but vocal minority for a whole group to get a bad rap. Doubly unfortunately, the kind of people that gave Apple users this bad rap are among the loudest, most arrogant, egotistical, elitist people in the world. Android has plenty of fanboys too, but you don't see nearly the level of elitism common to the Apple fanboys. Plenty of vitriolic, moron diatribes on both sides, though.

Fanboys of all types are obnoxious, Apple fanboys just happen to be the worst of the worst in my opinion (impressive, out-fanboying the console fanboys). Probably a direct result of Apple's marketing campaign from around a decade ago when they were trying to market the Mac as a lifestyle, not a computer. I saw tons of nonsense from people talking about "being part of something" because they owned a Mac, or calling it a "movement."

I'm guessing many of the worst fanboys around today are the ones who bought into it then. People like to feel special, and if you think your phone makes you special, it can be hard to get back to reality where nobody gives a shit about what brand of smartphone you prefer. Then you need to go be an asshole to everyone who doesn't recognize how special your phone makes you, usually by telling them they're stupid for having picked a different phone than you.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]testerguy[/nom]Obsolete hardware with a GPU still unmatched by any phone brought out even 6 months later on?Please educate yourself.[/citation]

I'll give you the GPU. Too bad the other 99% of the device is all fail.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
IOS or Android...
Basically an application for 'artists' who are too lazy or dumb to use a REAL application like Photoshop to CREATE something original instead of clicking around a pre-programmed effects gallery.

Hardly impressive, no matter what ego-boosting overpriced hardware you use.

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
This article is just click bait. Not to mention gasoline for more platform wars. Can article authors be censured for trolling.

No news in it. "Some people in a large group of people are idiots, and not very nice." Huh, imagine that. Not like it happens everyday, anywhere about anything...

Oh wait...

gokanis

Distinguished
Apr 26, 2011
[citation][nom]Miharu[/nom]Many people don't care about Apple or his history or Apple way of doing thing or what Apple doing... they just own an iThing without think about all the background around it.This article really show what creep me out about Apple.. their HISTORY.Let's start with what is Apple for REALLY old fanbois:Being different, don't being mainstream, using app are cool... a self centered Apple.An iPhone show as the "holy grail" phone.Apple was build that way, "confine" to his own way.A complete "Machiavellian" way to being the minority and being the leader to follow."My phone is better than your" with the point of view... and whatever your phone doing, he will never be better since mine is so advanced.It's that way Apple became a leader.So I don't feel surprise about those "elite group" being than much "self centered".It's the way (old) fanbois Apple users are use to think.Whatever the world do, they'll be "conservative" with theirs old Apple ideas.[/citation]
[citation][nom]tmshdw[/nom]No, its more like at a nice party a bunch of drunk thugs show up and vomit in the punch bowl. :)[/citation]

I now have a headache from reading this.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
The ongoing theme suggests that second-class Android users have no artistic sense, and thus are now allowed to follow the more ritzy first-class iPhone users. They're also not thrilled over the fact that Android members are now testing the app and uploading images left and right -- it's a huge flood of n00bz. As seen in Tuesday's article, some of us are guilty for the flood, testing out the new filters and trying to fit into what was once an elite iPhone social club.

NAILED it!

killerclick

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
I just installed this. So, it's an app that applies filters to photos, fine. It also wants to push me into some social network and find friends, share and whatever. I'm so sick of this social nonsense, I don't want to share anything with anybody and I don't have friends anywhere so stop bugging me.

darkavenger123

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
I just installed and tested this yesterday. Not gonna use it again. iOS fanboys can keep it. What's the big deal about uploading a photo to Facebook from your phone? Was doing it 2 years ago!!!

santeana

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2003
Somehow I just can't imagine an Android user going all over Facebook (because Twitter is gay anyway) and posting rants about how wrong it is that a developer who made an app for Android has now gone and made that app available on iOS as well. I mean, we just don't care. I love my Nexus S. But it's not a part of my soul. It's a phone. Android users are smart enough to know that.

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
[citation][nom]santeana[/nom]Somehow I just can't imagine an Android user going all over Facebook (because Twitter is gay anyway) and posting rants about how wrong it is that a developer who made an app for Android has now gone and made that app available on iOS as well. I mean, we just don't care. I love my Nexus S. But it's not a part of my soul. It's a phone. Android users are smart enough to know that.[/citation]

The vast majority of users don't care. But there are a few idiots in every crowd.

Zuesacoatl

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2008
[citation][nom]testerguy[/nom]Obsolete hardware with a GPU still unmatched by any phone brought out even 6 months later on?Please educate yourself.[/citation]

What are you talking about????? My Nexus from verizon has a FAR superior GPU than the iphone. Spec sheets mean very little, it is the actually tests run on the actual hardware that you need to go off of, and hands down, tegra and other chip sets far exceed apples hardware. And I am not talking about manufacture direct comparisons, but from third parties such as toms, sure apple can post a graph on how they are far superior to their competitors, but the third parties lay it all out in real world numbers.

You really need to educate yourself before you question others comments. It is one thing to be a fan of a product, but to be so con-fuddled with them that you take everything they show you to heart is just sad.

G

For iphone users, android = no taste
For android users, iphone = no brain

what else is new?

chronicbint

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
Droidfag v iTard is becoming really bad on here, so many mongs on here ranting, quite amusing. Moderation is required.

Is it not possible to just like technology in general, do we really need these 11 year old droidfags and iTards raging on every single post?

Status
Not open for further replies.