Solved! Install ringtone into Samsung Galaxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dschmidt

Great
Oct 22, 2018
Greetings, all, and Happy New Year!!
Can I get some help on how to install a 'real' ringtone into my Galaxy Duos? I'd like a ringtone like that of an old, analog, plastic/mechanical old phone...you know, the kind with a rotary dial, the kind that folks of my generation grew up on? The 'pretty' ringtones, of nature sounds or themes from movies which are included in the phone just don't work for me. They're just too hard to hear, they don't 'cut through' background noise, and as I'm often out and about, with my phone in my bag, I need to HEAR my phone when it rings. Can anyone help? Thanks!!

Solution
Well you can download one directly from a site to the phone, or you can save a file to a computer and then connect the phone (via USB cord) to the computer and copy or move the file over to the phone. It should have a 'ringtone' or 'ringtones' folder on the phone. If not, you can always create one and the phone 'should' recognize any ringtones put in it. Just remember if they are long (like a song, etc.) then the whole tone may never play. :)

Here is a ringtone from a site I often use for sounds. This is a direct link to the type I believe you are looking for. You can use that to download it to a computer and transfer or use their app to get the same one downloaded directly to the phone...
Well you can download one directly from a site to the phone, or you can save a file to a computer and then connect the phone (via USB cord) to the computer and copy or move the file over to the phone. It should have a 'ringtone' or 'ringtones' folder on the phone. If not, you can always create one and the phone 'should' recognize any ringtones put in it. Just remember if they are long (like a song, etc.) then the whole tone may never play. :)

Here is a ringtone from a site I often use for sounds. This is a direct link to the type I believe you are looking for. You can use that to download it to a computer and transfer or use their app to get the same one downloaded directly to the phone.

https://www.zedge.net/ringtone/2d47d918-04cc-3057-a4c1-763c0e6ad7e9

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.