installed a new Ram now left side of key board is not working hp 15

Jayan_

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
hi all

to upgrade memory i installed KVR16LS11/8 8Gb ram on my hp 15 notebook pc g002ax system.
now i noticed that left part of the key board (esc key, caps lock, tab key left shift key and `key ) does not work.
i tried installing compatible key board from another hp laptop and at first the new key board also showed the same problem then touch pad stopped working. and then somehow after restarting both touch pad and key board started working again and continued working until i turn the laptop off at night. but in the morning i saw that left part of the keyboard (same keys ) stoped working again

part no of hp originally installed memory module is
691740-005 - 4gb - samsung

is this a ram problem or. did i do something wrong. your help is greately appriciated.

ps. these two rams looks very same cl value voltage etc but somehow kingston memory finder does not list kvr ram when i searched suitable ram for this laptop..

Solution
Probably not the RAM.

It sounds like you loosened one of the keyboard connectors. Make sure all ribbon cables from the keyboard to the motherboard are straight and fit snugly.

jasonkaler

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
Probably not the RAM.

It sounds like you loosened one of the keyboard connectors. Make sure all ribbon cables from the keyboard to the motherboard are straight and fit snugly.

Solution