Question Installed new gpu, audio disappeared

May 10, 2021
The enable on board audio option is not in my BIOS? Is there a way to make it appear? My motherboard is Asus prim h410m-f.

Apr 17, 2021
Did you switch the BIOS to Advanced Mode? Look in Advanced Mode-Advanced- On-Board Configuration. But normally the On-Board audio is already enabled by default. Maybe you just need to set your default playback device in Windows (Control Panel-Sounds-Playback).

May 10, 2021
Yes, in advanced mode, advanced on-board configurations, the options are: HD Audio, Realtek LAN Controller, USB Power delivery in Soft off state. All of which are enabled.
If you know any other solutions to lost audio due to graphics card install, please let me know. Although I might have already tried it.
EDIT: There is only one option in playback: Speakers (Realtek High Definition), it seems as if my pc is not recognizing my headphones.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2021
Yes, in advanced mode, advanced on-board configurations, the options are: HD Audio, Realtek LAN Controller, USB Power delivery in Soft off state. All of which are enabled.
If you know any other solutions to lost audio due to graphics card install, please let me know. Although I might have already tried it.
EDIT: There is only one option in playback: Speakers (Realtek High Definition), it seems as if my pc is not recognizing my headphones.
The HD Audio in the advanced BIOS options is your On-Board audio and that is probably the Realtek High Definition you are seeing in the Sounds-Playback section in Control Panel. Strange that you don't see a headphone device there or the audio device in the GPU. This could be a Windows problem. If you plug your headphones in to the headphone jack on the tower it should show. Have you checked in the Device Manager to see if all devices are present?