installed the wrong bios

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2018
I have an Acer Aspire 7730g laptop and it worked absolutely perfectly until a month ago.
I accidentally installed the wrong bios
I restart laptop and it won’t boot not even into the BIOS. It shows only a black screen and the power button and the power indicator blinks rapidly at the same time
I try to install the correct bios update from the acer website with a usb drive by holding down the FN and ESC keys and pushing the power button and I can't get it to read the usb it . everything turns on you can hear the hard drive , dvd drive. the fans and the usb flashes real slow . but it just won't boot not even to the bios can somebody help pls

Solution
important step is , remove battery completely, remove power cable. STEPS below when you have usb ready and all set

1. remove battery and power cable and plugin your usb
2. press FN + ESC and while holding both keys with another hand plugin ac power cable, you should see power button flashing, while still pressing fn and esc press power button ONCE and keep holding fn + esc, now you should get into recovery mode. DONT remove usb before its flashed

fagetti

Prominent
Mar 1, 2018
important step is , remove battery completely, remove power cable. STEPS below when you have usb ready and all set

1. remove battery and power cable and plugin your usb
2. press FN + ESC and while holding both keys with another hand plugin ac power cable, you should see power button flashing, while still pressing fn and esc press power button ONCE and keep holding fn + esc, now you should get into recovery mode. DONT remove usb before its flashed

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.