Intel Core i3 or not?

damagindirector

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
Hello,
I am looking to buy a new laptop... an Acer Aspire... its got good ram and harddrive size
What I want to know is ... is the intelCorei3... up to the job.
I use laptop mostly for storing photos.. creating images on coreldraw and photoshop.
But want to stream movies now direct to my television.
So can you tell me if this laptop is up to it

Acer Aspire 15.6" Intel Core i3 6GB RAM 500GB HDD Win7 Laptop

shanjo

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
First off.. How fast are the rams?. Since using Photoshop etc. as far as i have heard should take a lot of your computers ram and CPU.

I Do believe your Cpu would be able to do the job just fine, but then again, there are alot of models, and some of them might not be strong enough, so getting the whole model number of the I3 would help alot :)

FYI: Im no Computer expert, this is just what i believe, others that have a bigger knowledge on the subject might be able to help you alot more than i would be able to.

- Mike Sorensen

manofchalk

Honorable
May 11, 2012
When it comes to Photoshop and applications like that, the amount of RAM is more important than speeds.

Should be good, believe it or not a dual core with hyper-threading is about the most you can get in laptop CPU's. Even some of the i7's are just heavily hyper-threaded dual cores.

Surgeking

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012
I think the i3 at any Generation will be fine, it's a very capable cpu.

What worries me is the lack of a discrete graphics card. Not really sure how much it will affect you at all but i'm thinking if you want really good video to stream in high resolution you are going to struggle with the integrated graphics. But i ran with Intel HD alone and it never bothered me,i don't need super ultra high res :p