Intel onboard graphics missing

creichert

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
I no longer have my intel HD graphics in Device Manger. Can somebody tell me how to reload the drivers?
Dell Latitude e6430
Windows 7 pro
Thanks

creichert

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
I found the problem...Operator Error.
In BIOS, when I disable Optimus, only NVidia is available to the system. When I enable Optimus, NVidia and Intel Integrated Graphics are available to the system. This makes sense because Optimus switches between the two automatically to find the best fit for what ever application is running...Heavy games, or everyday applications.
So the problem is solved...either uncheck or check the Optimus box in BIOS under Video, depending if you wish to only run discrete graphics, or have both discrete and integrated available.
Thanks for all that helped

creichert

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2011
I found the problem...Operator Error.
In BIOS, when I disable Optimus, only NVidia is available to the system. When I enable Optimus, NVidia and Intel Integrated Graphics are available to the system. This makes sense because Optimus switches between the two automatically to find the best fit for what ever application is running...Heavy games, or everyday applications.
So the problem is solved...either uncheck or check the Optimus box in BIOS under Video, depending if you wish to only run discrete graphics, or have both discrete and integrated available.
Thanks for all that helped

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jph5674 Laptop Tech Support 2
B00MSTAM Laptop Tech Support 2
C Laptop Tech Support 1
Navneet Gautam Laptop Tech Support 13
homemadewaffles Laptop Tech Support 3
C Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 4
R Laptop Tech Support 0
vronti Laptop Tech Support 0
S Laptop Tech Support 0